Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BBC Iplayer

mdicker1943
2: Seeker
Vodaphone Smart 4 Turbo error on iplayer both apps loaded "cannot play content try again" etc , also will not stream from BBC but will download to play later from iplayer. (Android 4.2.2)
Bought the phone 3 Oct 2014 downloaded sky news it added more files and hence iplayer works , pure chance.
How come vodafone had no solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mdicker1943
Vodafone smart 4 turbo , standing 6 foot away from router and not getting a full signal, also hotspot signal if weak will not connect , tried same signal on crappy alcatel and it was a stonger signal and did load connection.
Wi fi in general will not pick up signals anything like the alcatel .

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

mdicker1943
Vodafone smart 4 turbo , standing 6 foot away from router and not getting a full signal, also hotspot signal if weak will not connect , tried same signal on crappy alcatel and it was a stonger signal and did load connection.
Wi fi in general will not pick up signals anything like the alcatel .

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mdicker1943,

You need to download the BBC Media Player for iPlayer to work correctly on Android devices.

If you're unhappy with the phone, you can return it within the first 14 days of purchase.

Thanks,

Matt B

Thanks for the answer but somewhat suprised.
When you download the BBC iplayer app from the playstore then run it , if Media Player is not loaded it will re direct you to the Playstore to down load hence without media player loaded there is no way i could have made the statement about not loading content .

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'd gathered from your reference to "both apps" that you had Media Player, but I'm an Android user, so I'm familiar with the extra app.

I can't see why installing Sky News would make iPlayer work - the two apps are entirely separate and shouldn't co-operate in any way.  I think that might just be a coincidence.   The fact that it's now working may point to an issue with the iPlayer system itself rather than any fault with the phone.   There have been times when iPlayer has had technical difficulties, so this may be one of them.

Thanks I know about the issues mainly on downloading from iplayer on andoid newer versions.
I admit it is curious but when i loaded sky news it did bring additional data on download.
Looked like permissions , then as i could not access live streaming on the BBC website thought it could have been a flash problem no longer google.
You guys are the experts and thankyou for the info. Will avoid updates on the 2 apps.