Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Barclays Mobile Banking won't open on Vodafone Smart First 6

KG1983
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have downloaded the Barclays Mobile Banking App onto my Vodafone Smartv First 6 but it just won't open. I've been in contact with Barclays and they have de-registered from my old handset but can't tell me why the app won't open on my new handset. Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Now the bank have done what they can perhaps consider deleting the App and re download. 

I assume the app specs say that it will work on the firmware your phone is currently on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app but still nothing. Vodafone have assured me that the app should work. I've got the HSBC app that seems to be working fine 

BandOfBrothers

Im not sure how relevant this is to you but this Barclays Troubleshooting page came back from a Google search ->

http://www.barclays.co.uk/BarclaysMobileBanking/UpdatingyourappsforAndroidandAppledevices/P124264940...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
Is the phone rooted? Barclays mobile app won't work on rooted phones.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'm not sure what rooted means but I only bought the phone on Sunday. My HSBC app works fine!

jeffkinn

Rooted is the Android equivalent of jail breaking on iPhones - it means you've changed the way the phone works. But if you've only just bought the phone that clearly isn't the case.

Does the App not open at all? Even if you were still registered on another device the app would open but give you an error when you tried to register the app. Have you downloaded and tried Pingit which is another Barclays mobile banking app?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

The app opens with the Barclays Mobile Banking background and then the 'Please Wait' & little white circle goes round for about 5 seconds then stops. The app then closes!

jeffkinn

Very weird.

I've always found that the Barclays help desk is good but I doubt there is little they can do here. If you've uninstalled and re-installed the app and it still doesn't work the next step would be a factory reset of the phone as that usually clears out most gremlins. That means getting the phone right back to the condition it was in when you took it out of the box.

I'd still be interested to know if Pingit works.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'll try it and let you know