Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry - WiFi Connectivity

glueshooter
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, have searched the forum for a similar problem but I haven't found a result that works.

I recently upgraded from a blackberry curve to an iphone.

I gave the blackberry to my son and inserted his PAYG sim card.

However, the device will not connect to the wifi router. I've tried it with other PAYG sims and it still not connect.

I've tried changing the browser to hotpot and have checked that data services is switched on, but still to no avail.

When I was on contract, the phone connected to the router with no problems and I am assuming that the phone should still be able to connect to the router, regardless of the fact that it is now PAYG ( I appreciate that he will not be able to access internet services due to the various limitations, but was sure he should be able to connect to a router via wifi)

Could I have some advice on what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
Time for a repair I'd say. Perhaps the wireless chip has failed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn

Changing the sim card would not in itself have any effect on the BB's ability to connect to a wifi network. Perhaps the firmware has been corrupted in some way.

I'd connect the phone to Blackberry Desktop Manager in a computer and upgrade/reinstall the operating system. That should cure the problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I've reinstalled the OS as suggested, made sure hotspot etc. are set as is but still no connection.

Everything else connects to the router and the router is showing no connection to the phone. The phone has connected to that router many times.

Any ideas?

jeffkinn
Time for a repair I'd say. Perhaps the wireless chip has failed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png