Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Bold 9780 connects to wifi but internet won't work without wifi

sashamariehunt
2: Seeker

I have the blackberry bold 9780, i've had it since january and have never had problems with it untill now.
The only way i can get the internet to work, or my blackberry messenger to work is if i connect to my home wireless internet, as soon as i leave my house or disconnect from the wireless internet nothing will work.

I haven't changed anything on my contract to remove any blackberry internet, it just stopped working.

Any idea's? 

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sashamariehunt

Let me firstly welcome you to the Vodafone eForum. It’s always nice to have new faces around here.:)

How strange.:smileyindifferent:

There are a few things to check that may have caused this issue however.:smileywink:

• You need to ensure BIS is still attached to your account. Without this you will not be able to use any Blackberry data services. A quick call to 191 can confirm that this is in place, and correct if necessary.

• You also need to check Hotspot Browser is not selected.

Go to Browser > Menu > Options > General Properties > Default Browser

Internet Browser needs to be selected here, not Hotspot Browser.

• You can also send yourself a new Service Book by following the procedure below:

Menu > Options > Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - Menu - Register Now

If you still have the same issue after trying the above, please let me know, and I’ll assist further in this matter.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Trev,

If the OP is runing OS 6 he will not be able to select or choose the Hotspot Browser. OS6 is smart enough to automatically select which one to use and does not give the choice. 

Telepathy does not count as a valid form of communications!!

A "Bug" that affects one user is not a "Bug"

A fault can exist at the biological level not just the electronic

thanks for your reply, I have same issue but with some additional problems, I can not register to host routing table. How this problem will be solved? Thanks

dahmed4

hi all;

if you can't use the BB internet out and about ,check 1st that you got it enabled on your plan ,then complete Host rotuing table through following the below steps:

Home screen

Touch Options

Press Device

Select Advanced system settings

Select Host routing table

Click on the BB Key

Click on Register now

then restrat your phone and test,also make sure that data servies is switched to on by going to 

Home screen

Touch Options

Press Networks and connections

then mobile network 

make sure data service>on