Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Bold 9900 - Unable to setup Internet email

cm_scot
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I've had BB Bold 9900 for a little over a year and everything worked fine, I had two email accounts setup on it.  I just had the device replaced as the original had a problem. I got it back today and when I try to set up my email, I am only given the option to setup an Enterprise Email account, there is no option for internet email.

I spoke to someone in tech support earlier who didn't help resolve the problem.  Some info:

1. I am connected with 3G and the BB symbol, the device is registered with Blackberry as I received a 'Registration' email.  I also got two network emails from a RIM address.  Data Services are 'On' and network is vodafone UK.
  2. I added in APN settings which I found on this page. Doesn't appear to have made any difference.
  3. I tried to add myself on http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/ but I'm not able to do that through a browser on my laptop or on the Blackberry browser.  Tells me to use the email account setup?
  4. I tried to delete any email related Service books but there doesn't appear to be any on the device.

Another (maybe unrelated) point is that I can't add my Blackberry ID, I get a message 'Unable to update BB ID account information while offline.' 

Strikes me that there is something missing with my connections, I just don't know what.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

ChozyCorleon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

am also facing the same any help will be great. is there a possibility that the pin might be blocked? if so help release the PIN.

Hi guys,

We'll be happy to help with this.

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks for your messages.  I went to a Vodafone shop yesterday and the problem was fixed there.

They re-registered my phone with the network (? - host routing table?) and as soon as they did the options to add Internet Email appeared.  I set up the two accounts there and then and the problem was solved. Hurray!