Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Internet Service not working

blackberryface
3: Seeker

My Blackberry Internet Service has stopped working and I'm hoping someone from Vodafone can help.

Under service status, it comes up with not connected for BIS / Blackberry Enterprise Server, and I'm not receiving any emails. It's an older 8900 device that's otherwise working perfectly. On the phone, data services are on, no settings have been changed since it was last working, have tried doing a battery pull, and I'm up to date with payment.

Help appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi blackberryface,

We've been updating our systems so we'll need to check it's still provisioned on the account.

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Hi

I have been having the same problem, and my bis hasnt been working for 7 days.

Anyway you can help or when you know it will be back working again?

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi amyy_

There's no known issues with this service.

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

There is a know issue with blackberry internet service according to the 4 advisors that I've spoken to over the last couple of weeks. I am into the 3rd week of my blackberry blackout and nobody seems to want to tell me anything or help me out. Vodafone and blackberry are the worst combination of providers I have ever know, not even an update on the web site. Shocking

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi N1MITCH,

We can certainly look into this for you.

Click here to send us your details.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Andy

Sorry Andy, I know it's a legit request but I'm just not comfortable handing over all of my details. Thanks for looking at my message but I would prefer to call customer support at the nearest opportunity

Hello Andy,

I have bought a new Vodafone sim card today. Charged it with 40 GBP and then bought the 30 GBP worth freebie offer for 30 days of unlimited UK calls, texts and 1GB data.

However, I have not been able to get the data connected. I am using a Blackberry 9790. All I get on the screen top right connections cornet is the 3G icon but no BB symbol.

This is really urgent and the reason why I bought the sim. Please help.

Tany

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting.

N1MITCH - Thanks for coming back to us. You can speak to the team on 191 free of charge from your Vodafone mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other line. You can also speak to Live help.

Tany - Under Networks and Connections, what does it say under Mobile Networks?

Are your Data Services turned on/off?

If you have universal search, then type Analyser from the Homescreen and choose BlackBerry Device Analyser, and under Cellular Network Connection Issues, choose 'Cannot Connect to Network'.

Press the 'Start' button to begin your NCT (Network Connection Test)

Thanks.

Ian

amyy_
I am over 2 weeks with service status still not connected aswell but no one seems to know what the problem is when I explain or doesn't say when bis will be back up an running....