cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot recieve or make calls? Says congestion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truered
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Blackberry Bold phone was working fine an hour ago now when I try to call or recieve calls it comes up congestion!

Anybody else had this problem?

How do I fix it??

13 REPLIES 13

You've asked the following from your check list:-

This issue happens most at home, but not all the time. SL2. It also happens around Slough town, and Maidenhead, but again not all the time.

SL2 3AW is the full post code of about 120 houses. Those with Vodaphone and Blackberry say they are having the same, at random. Most dont use their phones like I do, all the time. O2 and Orange appear not to suffer?

I havent got another phone to try my Sim card in but will try that later. Although since this is random it may be working then.

The errors are :- the phone appears to dial out and the recipient gets a faint buzz and not their normal ring. If they realise they can ring me back immediately and I can answer the call. My end at the moment of call connection says Congestion!!, makes a nasty beep beep beep and cuts off the call. If I keep trying it may work aftrer 5 minutes or may not.

I am Vodaphone, Wifi and 3 G. When this is happening i cant send emails either, but can send txts apparently, though because of intermittent it may just be that.

First noticed on Sunday 25th about 14.30 in Maidenhead.

It happens at random and any time of day. Probably mostly when everyone is using phones. But surely Slough is big enough to be well covered by Vodaphone?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jerryH

We’re aware of an issue in your area and you can see this on our network status checker.

Our network engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Click ‘Register for an update on this issue’ to be notified when this is fixed.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny has said if I check your coverage checker it shows you are AWARE of an issue in my area. 

I checked and it says THERE ARE NO ISSUES IN MY AREA>

Can I please have the truth and an explanation of when you will put it right.

Oh I hate not being told the truth by a big company like Vodafone.

Shame, lets get to the bottom of this NOW please.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jerryH

You’ll just need to zoom out slightly to see the issue.

Thanks,

Wayne