cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HUAWEI G300: LOW INTERNAL MEMORY AFTER ICS UPGRADE!

maxiboy667
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After my Huawei G300 upgraded to ICS from Gingerbread I keep getting a LOW INTERNAL MEMORY warning. Does anyone have any solutions on how to clear this problem?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi maxiboy667,

Have you done a factory reset after the update (remembering to back up your data first)? This will clear out any old firmware and items taking up your phone memory.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

I have not done a factory reset on my phone after the ICS upgrade. I notice that the internal storage is showing only half used and so cannot see why the warning keeps coming up about low on internal memory. It won't let me install anymore apps because of this. I am aware that other users have had this problem too.

So does a factory reset solve this problem do you know?

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Is it complaining about low ROM or RAM? Maybe you need to close some of your present apps to free up RAM before trying to do the things which trigger the warning?

Also, are you running the B936 or B952 version of ICS? See the huge Upgrade to ICS thread for more details.

Ann

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have the B952 build of ICS. The warning comes up as just 'internal space low' which I assume is internal RAM. But I have no more apps than I did have under Gingerbread and I never got this problem.

Other people have noted this internal space warning and some have reverted their phones back to Gingerbread because they experience a slower phone regarding apps. I am thinking about doing the same unless there is a solid solution to this problem for the ICS upgrade on the HUAWEI g300. Maybe the phone is just not up to working with ICS!

Regards.

MH

Annie_N

I think it's fair to say that SOME G300s struggle to work with ICS, although apparently not all of them.  My phone certainly did with B936, and I reverted to GB.  I can't now remember how to check within ICS, but in GB you go to Manage Applications, then choose the Running tab, and RAM usage is displayed at the foot of the screen - with GB the answer is routinely > 200 MB, with ICS it was < 5 MB!

At present there isn't an official way back from the B952 build to GB, so you might want to add your voice to those lobbying Huawei / Vodafone for such an escape route on this thread.  If you feel strongly enough about how your phone is behaving, you might also want to give the factory reset option a whirl, as recommended by Andrew - it might solve the problem if it is caused by a whole lot of unwanted clutter left behind during the upgrade process.  And if it all goes seriously pear-shaped, and you are following Vodafone advice, you should get a warranty repair, which would presumably take you to whichever version of the software you request - always assuming that you bought from Vodafone (if you bought via a different route, different warranty/repair arrangements apply).

I'm just back from a very belated Christmas lunch, so why am I typing notes about G300s??

Ann.

I've also had this issue from time to time, even though (same as you) the storage screen shows that I have plenty of internal memory.

I've found generally that toggling the default storage location between internal storage and SD card and/or rebooting the phone seems to kick it into gear. But this may not be the case for you.

Good luck.

steveoutbush
4: Newbie

Did you find out how to fix this ?

My Vodafone Huawei G300 has very unreliable Data connection (even when showing full bars 3G) and now giving 'not enough memory' errors when trying to auto-update it's default apps (many of which I don't use but can't be removed from the OS).

I cannot upgrade software because low memory problm, even I have 27G in SD card, 2G internal storage, I notice RAM is only 25MB left, 360MB used, but I cannot stop app, any tip to free more RAM memory, what 2G internal storage for? My phone run ICS 4.0.3 B952 build.

Hi Jameslee668,

The latest version of Android for the Ascend G300 we have is 4.0.1, Build B960.

Have you installed a different version?

Check in the app store to see of one’s available that shows what apps are using memory.

It may be a case of uninstalling those that aren’t used very often.

Thanks,

Andy