Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei G300 USB connection issue

jmaynard
2: Seeker

Using Hi-Suite and Win 7 to back-up/sync etc.

BUT G300 will only connect via Wi-Fi (anbd then only after I downloaded the Daemon fromn the Huwaei web site). Despite following all the isntgructions and rebooting, reinstalling etc etc, the Hi-Suite will not conenct over USB- the feature I want most (screenshots) only works over USB so I beed to pursue the matter.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and/or a solution?

thanks

24 REPLIES 24

jmaynard

PS

should have mentioned the USB connection works OK for simple file transfer...

Hi jmaynard,

Thanks for your posts here.

I have taken a look at this online for you and can see that there are two suggestions made.

1. Make sure that you have debugging enabled on the phone
  2. Make sure that WIFI connection is turned off within the HI-Suite software before connecting via USB

Can you confirm that you have tried these?

James

yes, USB debudgging enabled and wi-fi off...

thansk

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jmaynard

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you again.:smileyhappy:

Please can you back up the contacts and information on your device, ensure you are on the latest software available and restore your device to default settings using the guides on our Help Centre.

This will ensure that there is no conflicts with any applications.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

Alresdy done all that...

Given that the device is recognised immedialty when plugged in and file transfer works OK, I suspect it is a problem with the Win 7 driver, Tried to find a newer version but no luck.

Do yoiu have an update?

cheers

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi jmaynard

When you open the software, do you right click and open as Administrator?

worth a try...?

I am logged in as admin so already done...

cheers

Hi jmaynard,

It's possible that, rather than the phone, you need to ensure the Hi-Suite software is up to date.

I'd also suggest checking that the PC is not misidentifying the handset as a simple mass storage device. If it is, it may be allowing file transfer but not being identified for other functions. Can you check the open programs to see if any identifies a mass storage connection being made when you connect the handset?

As you mention, this may also be down to Win7 Drivers. You would need to check the manufacturer for any updates as we do not provide these directly.

As a third party program, we don't have any information on exactly how the HiSuite program would work and what may need to be checked from that end, but as the handset will connect normally via the USB cable then, if it is being correctly identified by the computer, I'd recommend contacting the developers directly to see if they can identify the reason for this issue.

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Dave

I already contacted the developers and they just told me to do what I had told them I had done (several times!).

There are no updates listed in the relevant Settings page.

The Huawei web site says that drivers are installed automatically so does not offer the opportunity to download a new copy.

There is a conflict somewhere...