Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei G300 "No updates available" - looking for ICS

thirdorder
2: Seeker

When I checked for updates on my phone today, I got "No updates are available". I'm on Gingerbread (U8815V100R001C02B895) and expected to see the ICS upgrade.

Do I have to wait for my phone to check automatically?

52 REPLIES 52

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Have a look at this message, from which it appears that the upgrade to ICS is only available as a repair.  It seems rather strange, except that quite a number of people have had problems after an OTA upgrade, so perhaps they're trying to ensure that the upgrade is only done under "laboratory" conditions.  Not quite sure what to make of it.

For the record, I'm one of those who decided to stay safely on GB, and my phone runs very sweetly.  I did have an episode of crashing a week or so back, possibly associated with Touchpal, but that has resolved itself after a few restarts, so I'm continuing with GB (build B895).

Ann.

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi thirdorder, 

As Ann_N has said, we're only offering ICS through our repair service at the moment - we don't have any info on whether this will change in the future.

Paul

Annie_N
Hi James

I'm planning to stay with GB, but for those who want ICS, how do they access it? Whether I use wifi or data, I also get the "no updates available" response when I check for updates, which seems to rule out the method described on the forum page.

Both PaulE and BenH seem agreed that ICS is currently available only through the repair service, with GB 2.3.6 the highest version available OTA. Strange though this seems.

Ann.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Annie_N,

Let me check for an officail response. The link isn't from Huawei so I'm not convinced it's official firmware.

I'll post back as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Guys,

I have removed my last post due to incorrect information being provided, the link was to an unofficial software version and I would like to apologise for the confusion.

James

Annie_N

Hi James

Thanks for the link.  As a matter of interest, what would this do to one's warranty?  I thought that rooting was a big no-no.

Ann.

lobespear

Hi lobespear,

The latest update for the Ascend G300 is software version B885. I’ve no news about the update to ICS or why the update was previously removed.

I’ve emailed a colleague to see if there’s any more information available. As soon as I hear anything back, I’ll update the thread.

Thanks,

Andrew