Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Imei

S1martin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone have rejected my imei code. can’t wait to leave this network. Phone purchased new. Always been Vodafone. Had problem shifting previous  phone number  from pay as you go. How can I solve if form says it’s wrong imei? Last time I went to store they were as bad as call centre. Just want to take my number and leave. They’re charging me for the privelege as it is! 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Who supplied the iPhone to you originally @S1martin ?

Unfortunately the Highstreet Stores have never been able to help with unlocking a phone. 

If vodafone supplied the phone then you can either persevere with Customer Services or pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card and use it in the phone for at least 30 days making calls etc and then request its unlock using the new Payg information. 

If the iPhone was supplied by an independent then you may have to speak to them so that they liaise with Vodafone. 

If the phone has ever been replaced by insurance company or the manufacturer then you’d need to liaise with them to ask them to update Vodafone. 

Until vodafone have the phones imei number on their systems they won’t accept an unlock request. 

To note > 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. (Check Spam Inboxes too)
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. They’re still saying that they don’t recognise the imei. It’s been on contract with them for three years. Never changed. Going round in loops. Need it changed by Christmas or the iwatch I’ve bought for my wife won’t work. Beginning to panic as they’re terminating contract soon so I’ll have no phone at all. Rang customer complaints they had no idea. After half an hour of asking questions I’d already told them they gave me the nucresolutions email. Spent all week with them telling me I need to have the sim working for more than thirty days. Missing the point that it’s been working on their network for over 800 days. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see this is ongoing @S1martin - we'd like to help get your unlock code request processed for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll then be in touch.