main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Iphone Unlocking

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi, my wife has have been given an iphone 6 which is locked to Vodafone, she is a Virgin customer.  I have a Vodafone SIM only contract for many years.  We are trying to get it unlocked.  I have been using the phone with my Vodafone Sim and asked for the unlock code.  I was sent an email saying that vodafone had asked Apple to unlock it and it may take up to 10 days.  That was about 3 weeks ago, possibly more. Every now and then i try using the virgin SIM card in it as instructed but all i get is the SIM not supported message.  Does anyone have any ideas what to do next.  If i ring Vodafone all i get is an automated response telling me to go to the website.

View more options
2 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Defenedersv

IPhones do not unlock via an unlock code a person would key intomyhe fisl pd but instead there unlocked via Apple releasing them from their Database. 

The process is completed by inserting an active non Vodafone SIM card in the iPhone. One that connects to it's network to make calls and mobile data etc. 

This process of Apple releasing it from its database has been known to take around 30 days but is usually faster. 

If you get over those 30 working days then ring customer service on 191 and choose Thinking of Leaving which will get you through to an agent. Explain gingham you want this escalating to the Nuc Department and they can also give you their direct email address too for support. 

Or Live Chat can help too. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, Thanks for the information i will sit it out for another couple of weeks and if nothing happens do as you suggest.

View more options