Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Marshmallow update - LG G4

B-12345
11: Established

Hi,

after doing the android 6.0 update, the phone is stuck on the vodafone logo when booting. How can I fix this?

Regards.

30 REPLIES 30

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Good to see you again B-12345

Have you tried removing the battery and leaving it out for a few minutes, putting it back and then rebooting the device?  Did this help?

Did you perform a factory reset of the device after doing the update?  If not, this would be the next step if removing the battery doesn't help.  Please do remember that this will completely wipe your handset and restore it to its out of the box state.

This is how you do a factory rest:

• Turn the phone off completely or pull the battery out for a minute or two, then pop the battery back in.
  • Press and hold the power key with the volume down key.
  • Release the power key when the LG logo is displayed and then immediately press and hold it again. (don't release the volume key at this point)
  • You can release the keys when you get into the Factory reset menu.
  • Press the power button once to confirm the factory reset or one of the volume buttons to cancel. 

Hopefully one of these options will help to sort out your device.  If not, it will need to be sent to either LG or Vodafone for repair.

PWIAC

J_128
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

This isn't related to your problem but I am an LG G4 owner too. I've been waiting for the update to come to my phone. When did you receive it?

Mine still says im on the latest version of the OS

Thanks

drey_p

@J_128 wrote:

I've been waiting for the update to come to my phone. When did you receive it?

Updates are rolled out in batches which means that not every phone will get the update at the same time.  This prevents overloading the update servers.  When it rolls out to your IMEI number, you will be notified that there is an update or you will see it when you check for updates. 

Also, depending on where you phone is from - it may not be rolling out to that version of the handset yet.

PWIAC

B-12345

Hello,

I have tried all of that multiple times but it won't even let me do that!! Nothing happens :Sad_face:

Regarding how I got the update, I just had it plugged into the LG Bridge and it told me to update so I went ahead with it.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

I've found the update available through LG Bridge. I'm just a bit wary of what it might do to my phone if it has caused problems with yours. Do you think I should go ahead with it, or wait for it to become available OTA?

Any advice will be appreciated :Smiling:

B-12345

It is definitely a risk as many have had problems, yet many more are okay. Vodafone said if they have a phone in stock they will replace it there and then if not repairable.

Let me know what you do, if you back stuff up it should be fine either way as you can easily load onto a new phone if required. 

drey_p

The best advice we can offer you is to make sure you've backed up everything prior to starting the upgrade.

Its always better to do the update when your phone is connected to the PC. OTA updates are slightly more likely to go wrong.

PWIAC

B-12345

More likely? This makes my situation even more strange!!

drey_p

Yes and no. There is always a risk doing an update, no matter how you do it.   Things can, and sometimes do, go wrong when you upgrade your phone as you've found out. This doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, just that there has been a glitch along the way.

The 48 hour turn around, was that quoted by Vodafone or LG?

PWIAC