Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Hotspot

SiC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been using a version of the OS that has the Mobile Hotspot feature. I've been using this quite happily for the past couple of weeks but a few days ago whenever I try to activate Mobile Hotspot on my device I get the following message: "Cannot start Mobile Hotspot due to a temporary network problem. Please try again later".

Has Vodafone done something at their end which may be preventing me from switching on the Mobile Hotspot? FYI I have the 500MB Mobile Internet package and my APN settings are as follows : APN: internet Username/Password: web

Kind Regards

Si

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daveastra
13: Advanced Member

a few people have seen that message, if your using 7.1.0.74 then thats quite a unstable old build, from what i hear, RIM are in the high.3xx/low .4xx builds, and vf are testing a .2xx build.

View solution in original position

26 REPLIES 26

daveastra
13: Advanced Member

a few people have seen that message, if your using 7.1.0.74 then thats quite a unstable old build, from what i hear, RIM are in the high.3xx/low .4xx builds, and vf are testing a .2xx build.

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SiC

We haven't changed any of our settings to enable you to get access to the internet. Are you able to access the internet on your phone through the browser?

Martin

Yes I can and tethering via the Blackberry Desktop software is not an issue either. If Vodafone haven't changed their settings it must be down to the stability of the OS I'm running (as pointed out by daveastra). Thanks for letting me nothing has changed at Vodafone's end. 

I downloaded bundle 2406 expecting to get Mobile Hotspot but it isn't there. Any idea when it will be released?

just got around to installing bundle 196 and am experience the same issues as above. has anyone managed to get hotspot working? is it something supported by vodafone?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

I’m not sure why this is happening but I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

The latest version of the firmware for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is .296 can you confirm that this issue still remains when upgraded to the latest firmware?

Thanks

Wayne

I should have mentioned this earlier - I'm running a leaked/beta version of the OS (version 7.1 - probably from the same bundle as mentioned by the poster Tel24). With regards to the Mobile Hotspot feature you will not find it any of the firmware currently provided by Vodafone as they are updates to OS 7.0 - the Mobile Hotspot feature was introduced in OS v7.1.

i see 7.1.0.190 has been released (unofficially). i will test this tonight and see what happens....

If you're planning to upgrade to v7.1.0.190 specifically to test mobile hotspot then don't bother. I've already upgraded and it still does not work. However I got a different message this time - "Activation Required" which is more informative than the original message.

Come on Vodafone, just activate the thing! Most of us have a data allowance and we can tether so why not this?