Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Hotspot

SiC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been using a version of the OS that has the Mobile Hotspot feature. I've been using this quite happily for the past couple of weeks but a few days ago whenever I try to activate Mobile Hotspot on my device I get the following message: "Cannot start Mobile Hotspot due to a temporary network problem. Please try again later".

Has Vodafone done something at their end which may be preventing me from switching on the Mobile Hotspot? FYI I have the 500MB Mobile Internet package and my APN settings are as follows : APN: internet Username/Password: web

Kind Regards

Si

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daveastra
13: Advanced Member

a few people have seen that message, if your using 7.1.0.74 then thats quite a unstable old build, from what i hear, RIM are in the high.3xx/low .4xx builds, and vf are testing a .2xx build.

View solution in original position

26 REPLIES 26

^mine works. followed the instructions on the CB forum and works perfectly fine. connected a laptop, 4mb down, 300k up.

Snap! I think it got re-activated again earlier. Lets hope whoever's doing this doesn't decide to pull the plug.

Hi all,

I'm running leaked v7.1.0.190 (downloaded it yesterday)- been stabe for me so far and Hotspot works fine tethered to my iPad

Guys,

What Username and Password do you use for mobile hotspot?
I've just upgraded to 7.1 for the first time and need the username and password settings.
"internet" and "web" respectively brings up a message "Activation Required"...

Thanks!!!
NasH

Hey guys,

As we don't currently support the mobile hotspot functionality on leaked BlackBerry OS versions we're unable to provide this information and will leave this to the forum members.

Cheers,

Lee

Blackberry have released a stable build of OS 7.1 and you can download and upgrade from here:

http://us.blackberry.com/update/#softwareUpdate

Remember you'll need to have the latest build of the BB desktop software first.

I've updated and am running 7.1 bundle 648 (7.1.0.205)

This is not leaked, this is official.

Does that now mean Vodafone will now provide support around this feature?

Hi user 9900,

The site you have linked to is the US BlackBerry site. OS 7.1 is not yet officially released for the UK.

As such, we do not support the feature at this time.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I know you can't speculate on UK release times, but are we close? This quarter?

So now that we have the official release, back to an earlier question. When I go to 'Manage Connections' and click on 'Mobile Hotspot' to activate it, it provides an OK message "Activation Required". What have I missed?