main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

My NUC code never arrives

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have been trying to get my NUC for the last 6 weeks. I follow the instructions on the website and never hear anything back after the initial confirmation of the request.

If I try submitted again I get a message telling me that I have an application in process so something must be happening.

After the first attempt I waited 4 weeks and didn't receive anything. Vodafone helpdesk just directs me to the form online and have been no help at all.

I submitted another request 2 weeks ago (assume the first request expired) but am still waiting. My partner did the same thing back in October and the whole process took less than a week. I don't know whats wrong. We've folowed exactly the same process

Handset is a Sony z5 compact

Can anyone shed any light for me??

View more options
3 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @binnes

May I assume that you meet the current criteria to be able to unlock the phone ?

i.e

For Pay Monthly x3 Bill's have been paid on time and have no overdue balance and used the Sim in the phone for 30+ days. 

For Payg 30 days have elapsed while using the Sim Card in the phone to make calls etc. 

You haven't asked for more than 3 unlocks in the last 12 Months. 

The phone isn't reported as lost or stolen. 

If you meet all the criteria and you have no pending emails in your Spam Email InBox then I'd suggest to call 191 or use Live Chat and ask for the Nuc Department Email or wait for the Vodafone Social Media Teams here to catch up with your thread to help you. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi there, - tanks for your response. Yes I meet all the crieria (though I assume that this is now the 2nd of my 3 allowed appolications and am therefore through no fault of my own,  running out of applications)

I have called 191 and they are unable to assist, simply telling me to re-apply using the  web-form after shuffling me between people who are supposed to be able to assist me. That is how i have got to this stage of asking for help here.

I'm pulling my hair out and no-one at Vodafone sems to care. I have no idea how to respolve or how to escalate.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you've had a problem receiving your Network Unlocking Code (NUC) @binnes. I'm sure we'll be able to get this for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options