Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Does Not Work

Frivolous
1: Seeker

After waiting more than a week for an code NUC code, I put it into my phone and the phone says "Code error". I have tried four times now so I know that I am entering the code incorrectly. The mail describing how to unlock say that I should have my vodafone SIM in the phone at the time, while the advice on this forum suggests I have the other network SIM. I have tried with both and the result is the same. I know that both SIMs are active and functing correctly. The phone is a Nokia 108, about two years old.

I am very frustrated by this whole process, it is deliberately made as difficult as possible. Technically, there is no reason for any of this. Its perfectly possible for me to request the NUC through the phone and the code to be returned to the phone within a matter of minutes. That would happen if NUCs were more advantage to Vodafone's advantage than to their customers. All these delays and obstacles are artifical. It's a shame Vodafone doesn't apply as much energy to proving me a workable service so that I don't have to change provider.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Frivolous

The process is to have an active alternative Networks SIM card ie working and connects to it's network to make calls and connect to data. 

Looking at previous threads that concerns unlocking Nokia phones it seems a further process is needed as discussed in the thread Nokia-6300-Unlock

If this does not help then please do not key in the code too many times or you could Hard Lock the phone so it would be needed to sent away for resetting. 

Instead phone 191 or use Live Chat and they can escalate the situation to the Nuc Unlocking Department and can also give you their direct email address too. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am having the same problem with unlocking my S8 received code from Vodafone, checked my IMEI number is correct and it is and still says its failed Why

@Alan_Eley29 

If the s8 is a Samsung Galaxy s8 then you'll most probably need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you with this as well as can the Facebook Twitter Social Media Teams.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.