Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code - no response

Awt1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I requested an NUC code for an out of contract iphone 5c but haven't received an acknowledgement or anything (other than an automated email to verify my email address). The website says I should get an initial responce in 2 days but its been over a week and nothing heard. I've applied twice now and no responce. Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Awt1 have you checked your spam folder just in case it's there?

Hi there, yes, regularly, but no luck yet! I'm also daily connecting to iTunes and trying my new SIM, in case it's been unlocked,  but no joy...

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Awt1 I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay supplying your Network Unlocking Code (NUC). So we can help get this sorted, please contact us via the link in the Private Message I've sent 😊

I have exactly the same issue.  I have filled out the online application twice and received nothing other than an email to confirm my address on each occaision - this seems to be their normal method for not dealing with it!  I have also checked the spam filter and its been 21 days since i made my initial request - their guidance on timescale is laughable.  There also seems to be a near inpenetrable system for not giving you anywhere to go to complain about the lack of action.

:Sad_face: 

Hi there, I must add to my prev post that although I was using Vodafone, this was through talkmobile, and it was pointed out to me that I had to go to them for the unlocking. This I did, and whilst it took about 12 days they did unlock the iPhone albeit after a couple of phone calls to chase.  So now I've successfully also ported the number to a new provider and everything is hunky dory 😀

Mine has been vodafone through and through, direct with them, bought from them and only used on their network.  I gave my old phone to a friend and then discovered the lock bit.  They gave it back to me and i have been working blind trying to unlock this and its not easy as im not very tecchy.  I didnt have an alternate SIM to try the itunes thing until today and still no good.

:Sad_face:

It’s 22 days for me and they still haven’t done it. This is not surprising. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Awt1 Thank you for confirming your NUC issue has now been resolved 😀 I'm glad we could help with this.

@Billy99 What make and model of handset are you trying to unlock? As the process is slightly depending on which phone you're unlocking, this will help us to help you further.

@bunch7 You can get more help on how to unlock your iPhone in our Video guide.