main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

NUC code will not work!!!!

3: Seeker

Hi,

I received my NUC code for my sons Samsung 6+ edge, but when I tried to enter it, it would not accept it? I have double checked the IMEI and the nuc code are correct. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what do I have to do, please

View more options
6 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Your not alone with having this issue @Allmodcons1979

May I ask if the alternative network sim card your using is activated ? i.e connects to mobile data ?

There is a few existing threads on the forum which point towards a master code also known as an unfreeze code that is needed along with the Nuc on some Samsung phones.

That said some people have found that putting a 0 before the Nuc works however don't try too many times (approx 10) as that can Hard Lock the phone resulting in it being have to be sent away to be reset.

If you call 191 or use Live Chat they can give you the Nuc Departments email address to enquire about the master code.

Samsung customer service may also be able to help eith the master code but wont be able to help with the actual unlocking.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I was using an iD sim when I tried to unlock the phone, this is the second time I have been in touch with Vodaphone for a NUC code because I thought I had done something wrong the first time!!

I will try putting a 0 before the code and if that fails I will try and get a master code as you suggested.

Thanks for your help

View more options
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome. 

It may also be an idea to use a main network sim card to complete the unlock and not a MVNO sim card.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I have an EE sim, i will give that a go later. Fingers crossed 🤞

View more options

Nope, no luck with the EE sim and trying the unlock code with and without the o at the beginning. Never had this problem with any other phone 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your phone @Allmodcons1979. We'll be happy to take a look into this for you. As we'll need access to your account, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch.

View more options