main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

NUC unlock not working on iPhone 6

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello,

I like many others am having problems with unlocking an iphone 6. After making the NUC request to Vodafone on 31.8.18, I promptly received an email saying that they'd got the message (also 31.8.18), then a 'you're almost done...' email (3.9.18). This email gave instructions on what to do next: i.e. insert a new SIM, go though the set up process etc. I've done this religiously for the last 7 days but get the same 'SIM not supported' message each time, which clearly states that this is not a 'hardware' issue but a 'network provider' one. That's you, Vodafone.

Can one of the NUC resolutions team memebers, or a Vodafone champion please get back to me (directly if possibel) to help me out.  Thanks in advance. Ash

Ash

View more options
10 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

The email from Vodafone is a bit confusing. 

When they send the email the iPhone isn't typically unlocked at that stage. 

What they've done is asked Apple to release the iPhone from its locked status which can take up to another 30 days to complete. 

Intering an active alternative network sim card periodically within that timeframe is the best practice. A pop up on the phone will advise it's been unlocked. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Another 30 days from when? Receipt of the first email?

Is there some way of fast-tracking the process...or at least making sure that the original request from Vodafone to Apple has actually been logged and therefore on the list to be unlocked?

Ash

View more options

You're welcome. 

Yes its approx 30 days on from the email that Vodafone sent advising unlock has occurred. 

Its Apple that's now arranging the unlock but they i.e Apple won't engage with a person over a network locked phone. 

Sadly as far as I'm aware there is no fast track process. 

Please note I say approximately 30 days but could be quicker. 

View more options

Hi Band of Brothers,

Thanks for your helpso far.

You say it could be quicker....Or slower? 

What if after say 35 days nothing has happened? How does any given individual know that:

a) vodafone have actually made the unlock request

b) that apple have received it

c) that it's on the list to be done

It's easy to see how, after 30 days or so, the whole process may have to start again from scratch, if the request hasn't been made, or logged. Ad inifinitum, potentially. I understand that there's no fast-track process. Is there any way of confirming that the unlock request has been received and accepted by Apple? I mean Apple must assign a code or reference to every device unlock request they get from vodafone, which vodafone must have and store. If people could see that the thing was in the system, there would be a lot fewer posts on this forum!

Anyway, let me know if you can think of anything else i can do, and thanks again. Ash

View more options

The fact that Vodafone have emailed you in regards to unlocking confirms they have accepted your unlock request. 

As Vodafone cannot personally unlock an iPhone part of the connected process is to engage with Apple. 

If for some reason your iPhone does not unlock then yiuncan speak to customer services to ask them to esculate the situation to the Nuc Unlocking Department and they can also at that point supply you the Nuc email address. 

There isn't a contact number for them as they are not customer facing. 

View more options

Thanks, B of B.

Ash

View more options

Hi Bof B (and anyone else who might be able to help),

I've waited a full 30 days and nothing has changed. New Sim gets same response. What now? There must be a human being to talk to/shout at. How do I get this simple thing done on a phone I OWN?

All advice appreciated.

Ash

View more options

Hello?

Anyone from Vodafone out there?

Anyone got any advice?

Ash

View more options

It's disappointing to hear you're still having problems getting your iPhone unlocked @ashcollins. Have you inserted a non Vodafone SIM and connected your phone to iTunes or completed a software reset to complete the process? 

If you've done this and you're still having problems, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can take a further look into this for you. 

View more options

Hi TJ,

Yes, I've tried what you suggest, but no joy. I'll get in touch shortly via your link.

Ash

View more options