Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC

marcbu
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just moved from Vodafone after about 10 years . I have been trying to get my phone unlocked for anout a week befor my number ported overto the new provider . I did what i was told contactued them filled the online forms in recieved my NUC did exactly what they told me ond unlocking was unsucessful! so i  went through the process again to the same outcome . I spent about 4 hours on live chat gave them the details they gave me the codes same uncucessful . I was even told to contact Samsung as they would help . Samsung said its Vodafones responsibility as the phone was provided to me on contract . Back to live chat same problem ,called and spoke to someone they said i have to fill the online NUC request  form out  so i did  it again. My number ported yesterday and vodaphone are now saying they cant unlock my phone because they dont have the number on their system so they  dont  know if the phone belongs to me even though i gave the imei code  ..  I cannot get any sence out of anyone only you need to fil the online form out ....... but now they have said they cant do it .. I just dont know where to go . I have sent a letter of complaint i have been to 2 shops where they say we cant unlock it you have to fill the online NUC request form out  BUT YOU CANT TALK TO ANYONE WHO WORKS IN THAT DEPARTMENT !!!!!  They have had at least 10years of money out of me and they cant unlock my phone when leaving .. and now because my number has ported they dont know if its my phone .  HELP!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Well I'm not surprised your unimpressed at this @marcbu

It does not matter that you've left Vodafone as they'll still have your account details and phone imei to carry out the unlocking !  

Samsung won't help as you've found out as the unit has been supplied by the network thus locked. Advice to approach Samsung was a poor one. 

Live Chat or Vodafone Customer Services can supply you a direct email address for the Nuc department so you can contact them directly. 

The only other option I can think if is to pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card and top it up with the minimum amount and use it in the phone for 30 days making calls etc and then use that payg account details to request it's unlock. Not something you should have to do but it's an option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am not going PAG route they have a duty to uphold they have to unlock the phone FOC . I have contacted the NUC resolutions centre about 4 times but you only get an automated response . I dont even think they read the notes.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Its free to unlock a phone with Vodafone Uk whether your a Pay Monthly or Payg customer. 

The top up I mentioned is just so some calls etc can be made to help latch the imei of the phone to the new Payg account. 

Perhaps let the Social Media Team here catch up with your thread as they maybe able to advise further. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@marcbu We'd like to help.

I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll then be in touch to help with unlocking your phone once we receive your details :Smiling:

same problem here...30 days waiting. bounced about from live chat to phone support to emails from NUC team ...all ask for the same information....samsung wont respond. I have a useless phone. have been with vodafone for over 20 years and have to change provider because there is no vodafone reception at my new home. I'm paying the new provider (BT via EE) contract that I can't use and vodafone contract that I also can't use. This is madness!

I have had the same problem . Absolutely useless. they are ok when taking your money but as soon as you move away VF promise everything but do nothing . . I am at a point that I an going to have to pay someone to unlock my phone because I just can't wait any longer .. good luck 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@zaz For more help with this, please see the information I've provided to you on a previous post :Smiling: