main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Network locked sim

2: Seeker

I'm trying to unlock my Vodafone locked Samsung S7 to change to Virgin Mobile. Everytime after I put the sim in and enter the correct pin it says 'Network sim PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. I have 2 PUK numbers from Vodafone and 2 PUK numbers from Virgin. All PUK number requests are unsuccessful. Please help.

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Thompson180

As a Puk is to unblock a sim card if a person has decided to activate their sim pin security feature and then inputted the code wrong too many times thus blocking the sim card I believe this request is a red herring as it has nothing to do with unlocking a phone to all Networks.

In fact there has been quite a few threads involving a PuK request when trying to unlock a phone.

Some Samsung Galaxy Phones need a master code also known as an unfreeze code along with the Nuc.

May I ask are you currently in the UK using another UK Network Sim card that's activated which means it connects to 4G / 3G etc ?

Try putting a 0 (zero) at the beginning of the Nuc Code.

However keep in mind that a phone typically allows x10 attempts and after that it could Hard Lock which means it'll then need to be sent away to be reset so further Nuc attempts can be tried.

Customer service can give you the direct email address to contact the Nuc Department for support.

Samsung Support may also able to help with an unfreeze code but won't be able to help with unlocking.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

I've been on samsung support, I couldn't get a unfreeze code. They said they sell all phones unlocked to networks for them to lock so that it vodafone to need to unlock it. Ive been going round in circles everyone saying it someone elses fault.

View more options

I'm sorry you're experiencing some difficulty when trying to unlock your phone @Thompson180. So we can take a look into this for you, please get in touch through the link in this private message.

View more options
3: Seeker

Why don't you directly try to get in touch witht the Vodafone Support Team - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

View more options