Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network unlock code not working

Cmac84
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I put a new SIM in my phone and it asked for a code but stupidly put in a couple wrong ones like 0000 1234 now I when to the form and got the proper NUC code from vodaphone I put that in but it still comes up SIM unlock request unsuccessfull is this cause I put in the wrong code so many times.any help would be great thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

There is limited attempts sometimes on a phone @Cmac84 to enter an unlocking code. 

If too many attempts are tried unsuccessfully then a phone can become Hard Locked. 

Usually to lift this the phone needs to be sent off to the manufacturer. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Cmac84

It is a little confusing if you mean you want to use a SIM card from an alternative network other than Vodafone UK and need an network unlock code or if you have just locked your new Vodafone SIM by entering an incorrect PIN.

When an incorrect PIN is entered, after 5 tries, the SIM will lock. Before the SIM is locked, the code you will need will be a PUK code, this is something Customer Services or live chat will be able to let you have. If the SIM is locked, this will mean needing a further replacement SIM for the number.  When you have the new SIM, it would also be a good idea to remove the PIN from the phone, if you cannot remember the PIN, a factory reset of the phone will solve the problem.

However, if you have placed an alternative network SIM in the phone and keyed in an incorrect network unlock code, I think it is 5 times,  the phone will be permanently locked to Vodafone and will need to be sent for repair.