Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone

Greener54
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just bought a samsung galaxy ace and want to copy contacts across from my vodafone 547. I did this by putting them all onto the SIM, a nd tried importing them. However there was no option to import the contacts from the SIM onto the new phone. Please could you help me out...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there

The easiest way to get the numbers transferred is to pop into you local Vodafone Store and they can use the Red Box to transfer the numbers between the 2 handsets.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p

HI there

The easiest way to get the numbers transferred is to pop into you local Vodafone Store and they can use the Red Box to transfer the numbers between the 2 handsets.

PWIAC

I upgraded a couple of days ago. I have one minor issue though. There was a sim card in the packaging but when I tried it the phone would only allow me to use emergency numbers but when I put in my old sim the new phone worked fine. I want to use my old number so was I right to use the old sim? I no longer have the sim packaging but I do have the sim if I was suppoesed to use this.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Using the old sim is fine.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

If you want to update the SIM, you'll need to activate it.  You can do this through the My Vodafone link above, in a Vodafone shop or Live Chat can help you. You'll need the SIM number, which is printed on it.