Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 delivery date

algom
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered the Nexus 6 and Moto360 on Nov18th with expected delivery of 5th December. I like many others have yet to receive consignment or delivery information and have never been able to track my order using WEB ref. 

I know that there has been delays from the manufacturer which was supposed to distribute on the 1st of Dec. There is a lot of speculation circulating that handsets could be delayed until as late as mid Dec. However this afternoon o2 have just started selling the Nexus 6 not as a pre-order, but as in-stock with next day delivery (5th Dec). 

I am wondering if Vodafone has received any handsets from the manufacturer, or if there is a new estimated delivery for customers who have pre-ordered weeks ago? 

629 REPLIES 629

kevindunne
4: Newbie

Just off live chat and was advised that they don't currently have the phone in stock so couldn't offer even a estimated delivery. Whether that relates to new orders or all orders wasn't exactly clear but given I ordered on the 19th they were willing to offer some compensation towards line rental for any potential delays. 

I recently spoke to one of the chat advisors, and all they would tell me is that I will receive an email consignment shortly, I asked about the online track utility not working, and they advised it would be available when consignment is received.

The guy genuinely seemed annoyed, with what I can only presume as my impatience, but having had no correspondence since 18th of November when the order was placed, and given the reports of delays for other carriers I felt my concerns were valid.

Now that yourself and possibly others are  receiving details that orders will be delayed I have to assume the same will go for myself, and considering people ordering today from o2 will receive their Nexus 6 tomorrow, I am quite disappointed. Especially having ordered over 3 weeks ago and now have no idea when to expect delivery.  

It is good that you are getting some form of compensation, I will maybe try speaking to someone again today or possibly tomorrow.

I'm pretty annoyed by Vodafone too.  Ordered on the 18th, and they had an estimated date as the 5th.  Fair enough, it's not the 5th yet, and it's only an estimated date.

On the phone they told me they'd called their warehouse, and there weren't any in yet, and had no date.

The most annoying thing, is that the initial email from them, on the 18th Nov, said "We're checking the details of your order (WEB-0000000*******), and will be in touch shortly with an update."

Shortly?  In touch?  I think that might have been a tiny lie, Vodafone, unless your ideas of shortly are pretty different to mine.  Bound to get people annoyed with that kind of thing

offroadermike
Yep, I'm in the same boat too......... And let not even get started on the fact that because I wasn't offered insurance at the point of sale, I cannot take it out over the phone, I have to take it into a store so they can check the condition of it!

I don't even have the phone yet..........

artesea
Having gone through several pre-orders over the year I know that almost no one at Vodafone has any awareness of incoming stock, so asking is pointless.
However I'd really expect someone to take ownership and email any pre-orders if the expected 5th December delivery date can't be met, along with information about any possible compensation. For at least two of the iPhone pre-orders credit was given per delayed week.

adch1nn
9: Established
I too am in the same boat as you all.

I spoke to Vodafone today via online chat but was told "We haven't yet received the stock and we are pushing the supplier for updates".

Anyone who pre-ordered an iPhone was emailed if they were to expect their device later than promised. Obviously us Android fans aren't as important eh!

Credit where it's due, the customer service, network and support is usually second to none, but I feel this pre-order business needs a little more work if they're to keep customers happy. I understand they can't help it if stock hasn't been delivered, but a little forewarning would've been quite respectable.

It's very frustrating.

In the same boat as everyone here myself, I get that this phone is in high demand, I understand that this sort of stuff happens and we're all just unlucky it was us, I am most annoyed about the fact that it appears NONE of us were even given an email to say to expect delays, we have to come and find out ourselfs. We're paying a lot of money for this service! We shouldn't have to do this!

But hey, if we miss a payment vodafone will be onto us every hour of every day, right?

Don't miss payments then?  :smileywink:

Only kidding, I know what you meant.  It's very annoying, I'd expect better from a communications company aiming for the "best UK network" though.  That title should be all encompassing, including customers orders communication.

I can see with my own eyes (and the 4G notification on my Nexus 5) that the network is getting better and better and the money is being well spent - but Vodafone need to respond to this thread soon with a worthwhile update for us people empowering them to spend all that money on the network.

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
To be fair, it only ever said "Delivery from December 5th", from not on. So there's no promised expectation for them to be not meeting. I love Google, I love the Nexus range, but every time they completely muck up the delivery schedules outside the US, so I can understand them being noncommittal from the off (apparently justifiably).