Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls while abroad

mumbles27
4: Newbie
I'm in the USA and have roaming but today while waiting for important calls I realised that my phne wasn't receiving any calls. This has made us miss a booking for our motor home causing us charges and also having to book a hotel room.

Also on top of that I didnt get any notifications of answer phone messages as fir sine reason no texts would come through until I turned on my data! Which is off while away and only switched on periodically.

Now I call vodafone and fund they are closed. Any ideas? I desperately need this phone to take incoming calls and receive texts without data on
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mumbles27

Thanks for your post. I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with incoming calls and texts. I’m sure it’s the last thing you want to happen when you over on the other side of the lake!

I’ll send you an email over to the email address that you registered with so that we can take a closer look at this. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We’ll then get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

hi Wayne

i didnt recieve an email.

i'm extremely dissapointed with whats happened over this holiday and am keen t ofind out whether it was t he phone or the service. how can we do this? i must have spent a fortune on Data thsi holiday and had nothing. i couldnt access any maps in Chicago despite having all the service strength showing but the little data arrow showing data in and out was flashing furiously. i kept trying because i thought it would do something. what do i do about those data charges your going to bill me for? i still have to pay despite it not doing anything!

how can i be sure this wont happen again. these missed calls cost me dearly and also caused severe discomfort to my family. if it wasnt for a kind Hotel Concierge in one hotel trying this best to call around for us while we had no hotel room one night due to the missed or not recived calls from a booking i had made, me, my partner and my 4 montrh old son would have struggled for somewhere to reside one night with 6 large suitcases.

how in this day and age when my phone has full roaming capabilities does this happen.

ive already cancelled several voda contracts one various businesses due to 'disputes' or what was said and agreed. i hate to write threats on a forum but whats the point in paying heavily for no service.

i need t ofind out whos fault this is, vodafone, AT&T or Blackberry.

Hi mumbles27

I have just sent another email to the email address that you have on your profile.

If you can get back to that we can cover everything together.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

pete0587
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, I am having a similar problem. I am in France, and I rang vodafone twice befor I left the UK to ensur my phone will work abroad. When arraving in France my phone will not recive calls or text. I need to use my phone for work. I have call Vodafone twice while I have been in France, Bern put on hold twice, and been hung up on without a solution. Please help as I need to be able to recive calls.

I have put a friends Vodafone SIM my phone and it worked fine, so I know it is Vodafone not my phone. Please let me know a sploution ASAP, many thanks. Peter

Hi Peter,

We'd need to take a look at your account in order to resolve this.

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt B