Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No voice service / not allowed mm#6

brucecore
4: Newbie

Hiya,

Just recieved my blackberry z10 this morning, it was an upgrade from my 9300 so had to fill out the sim swap/activation form. Couple of hours later, sim in the old blackberry stopped working. I can access the interent with the z10 (with or without wifi) but can not call/txt etc. The message displayed on my home page under the signal meter is 'no voice service - not allowed MM#6' I have talked to vodafone via webchat and they just told be to manually change the network every couple of hours and it should be fine within 24 hrs. Not convinced as data is working fine. A little bit frustrating that i'm left without a phone over the weeked, had I known it would take this much time I would have waited.

18 REPLIES 18

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like the number transfer is going through but is not yet completed. Make sure that your olf phone is not on and keep turning your new phone off your for a few minutes and then back on.  This helps to get the network to recognise the new SIM.  If you are still having problems after 24 hours, post back here and one of the eForum Team will look into the issue for you. 

PWIAC

According to webchat my handset is blacklisted.

drey_p

Hi there

You are quite right (my bad) the not allowed mm#6 message means your phone has been reported lost or stolen.  Can I just confirm that this was a brand new phone that you bought directly from Vodafone?  If it was, the eForum Team would need to take a look into the issue for you.

PWIAC

Yep, ordered online and delivered by courier this morning!

edit: online from vodafone direct as an upgrade, no dodgy third parties!

Hi brucecore, 

So that we can help further please email us and we'll be with you as soon as we can. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

Hiya, thanks for the replies - been into the vodafone store today and they gave me a different phone as they'd tried unblocking it several times but it wasn't happening!

Happy now.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi brucecore

That's great thanks for letting us know :Smiling:

Sukhi

This has appeared on my z10. I bought it on eBay, was locked to Vodafone and want to use on Vodafone

Hi Countrybumpkin1

I'm afraid there isn't anything that we can do you would need to contact the person you brought the phone from.

Thanks

Sukhi