main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Nuc code not working

1: Seeker

Hello, 

Tried unlocking my phone in NZ, unfortunately my code is not working even though I have put it in correctly.

What do I need to do to unlock my phone

View more options
1 REPLY
17: Community Champion

Hello @Pboardman

Can I assume NZ means your currently in New Zealand  ?

If so then unfortunately Vodafone cannot guarantee a network unlocking code will work if a person isn't in the UK using an alternative Uk activated Network sim card. 

The only exception is an iPhone as that model of phone does not use a code to unlock but is instead unlocked via Apple.

The only way round if the code isn't working is to...

1. Send it to someone in the UK and they use the code to unlock then ship it back to you.

2. Find a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock the phone to all networks. I wouldn't recommend using an online unlocking option because if the unlock fails a person can then have difficulty in obtaining a refund.

3. Wait until your back in the UK and then try.

4. If you are not returning to the UK and cannot send it to anyone in the UK that can help then consider selling the phone to buy another that'll accept your sim card.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options