Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone already unlocked

Veen12345
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi i request for an nuc but got an email from vodafone saying Hello, You recently asked us to unlock your phone so you can use it on another network. However our records show we have already unlocked it. But its not i tried 2 different sim and its not working what should i do ?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Did Vodafone originally supply the phone ?

Which phone are you using ?

Is the alternative sim card your trying activated ?

You can speak with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat and ask them to check with the Nuc Unlocking Department or they can provide you with their email address. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi its a Samsung galaxy s6 edge plus, I brought it second hand and its locked to Vodafone but when trying other SIM like 02 or three I'm getting 

SIM network pin blocked enter SIM network PUK

63johnw

Hi @Veen12345 a NUC and PUK code are different things. The PUK is requested if someone has put the wrong pin in several times when trying to get into the phone. Not sure how you will get the PUK if you aren't the original owner. The social media team here may be able to offer some help.

I tried 2 new SIM without entering any code and getting this message

63johnw

From Vodafone support

If you see the 'PIN blocked' error message, it means you've entered an incorrect SIM PIN three times – and as a result, your SIM has been locked. To unlock your SIM, you need a PIN unlock code (PUK). You can get this by calling us on 03333 040 191 (standard call charges apply).

AnnS

Hi @Veen12345

The first thing to do is to place an active Vodafone SIM in the phone and see if it works.

If the phone needs a PUK code, you should be able to get this by using a  PAYG Vodafone SIM in the phone and contacting Vodafone and asking for the PUK code.  Most probably, the original owner used a security code on the phone to prevent unauthorised use. When you have got into the phone, it is advisable to do a factory reset, this will return the phone to out of the box settings.

However, if the phone is locked to Vodafone and you need a NUC code, this will mean having to use a Vodafone PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days to prove identity and connect the IMEI number to the SIM.  After this time, you will need to complete the unlock request form and request the code in your name.

Hi I've used a Vodafone SIM for 30 days and its working but when filling the nuc form online am getting a reply from Vodafone that my phone is already unlocked but when trying other SIM it's not working I'm getting SIM blocked message it's a new SIM without entering any code three times also tried other SIM getting same message

BandOfBrothers

@Veen12345

As I suggested perhaps speak to customer services and they should be able to check the status of the phone from its imei number. 

They'll also be able to check with the unlocking department. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Veen12345

From what you have written,  perhaps the unlock was requested by the original owner but due to complications never completed.

If you are having this many issues with a phone purchased as secondhand, perhaps returning the phone to the point of purchase and asking for the return of your money might be an option.

You don't mention  if this was a private sell, online site or dealer.