Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone unlock

greenroof
1: Seeker

So had 5 phones on buisness contract for years, pulled two iphones away as shocking service from Vodafone over the time and yes you guessed it they are surpassing themselves by not unlocking one of my phones. I made the request on their website on 27/10/2017 and since then i have had loads of calls all around the world to try and get it sorted but as yet nothing, yesterday after another 45mins on phone i was told by Alaa in Egypt he would sort and call me today at 12, good job im not holding my breath!!! as no call. So can anyone help as i need the phone working. but seems that they cant or wont be bothered!!

So could anyone point me in the right direction, all info was supplied on their website and the imei has been confired so many times over the phone.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @greenroof

Seems a few peiple have experienced a few issues with either getting the online form to work or are awaiting the unlock.

The iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. 

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@greenroof If you still need help with this after following the advice given by @BandOfBrothers, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be able to access your account and look into this further.