Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone will not unlock from network

questors
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have just bought a new phone, which turns out to be network locked;  it appears to be tied to vodaphone; at least it has a My Vodaphone app loaded..  I have been given the NUC but it  will not accept it;  I get "Network unlock request unsucessful".  I have three questions: 

• How do I verify that the phone is locked to the Vodaphone network
  • How do I verify that the NUC is correct ?
  • If the code is correct what is stopping the phone being unlocked? 

Looking through the forum suggests I may also need a Master Code to reset the phone, as  I have tried codes too many times and I made several mistakes in entry before fully understanding what was going on.

Regards

Martin

a number of time

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@questors

Who supplied the unlocking code ?

Did the original owner request its unlock or have you become a Vodafone Customer to reach the required criteria to ask for its unlock? 

Will it accept a Vodafone Sim card ? Just trying to assess whether its been imei blocked.  

If the phone is locked to Vodafone UK then it wont accept a sim card from a rival network unless its a MVNO that runs off Vodafones Network. 

Usually the unlock process consists of inserting an active Alternative Network sim card and a pop up box appears asking for the unlock code to be keyed in. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers, thanks for the response.

To clarify:

1  Unlock provided by phone supplier ( via Amazon)

2.  I have now verified the NUC is correct at a Vodphone shop and that it is locked to their network.  They have suggested I contact Samsung to determine why the unlock code is not working

3.  The phone connects with a Vodaphone SIM inserted. ( checked at Vodaphone shop.)

4.  I have a pay-as-you-go Vodaphone sim just to get connected to their network and get access to their support in case and 30 days clock ticking to show I am the phone owner.  It connects fine.

My next step is to talk to Samsung.

AnnS

Hi  @questors

Vodafone should start training and teaching their staff better.  I have been trying to get clarification on this from the Team here on the forum.

As far as is known, you need two codes, the master PUK code to unlock the Vodafone SIM, you can use the one you were using for 30 days.  If you ask Vodafone for the PUK code for the number, they should be able to give you the code.  You use this first, then put in your other network SIM and use the NUC code.

I hope I have got this right, but any more problems, come back to the thread.

Hi All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F, used it for over 30 days with vodafone PAYG sim card, requested and received NUC from vodafone, entered other network sim card, a "SIM network unlock PIN" request pops up , entered the NUC and then I am getting: "network unlock request unsuccessful..."

Could you please advise if its correct to enter NUC in field "SIM network unlock PIN"  ?

Shoudl I request PUK code as mentioned by AnnS?

What is the next step?

Thanks.

Please help somebody. Sent off for my NUC twelve days ago. Vodafone confirmed my email, but not a word since. Any help would be gratefully received.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wojman So we can help you further, please reply to the private message I've sent you.

@Neil10 What phone are you trying to unlock? If we've had to contact the manufacturer for your NUC, it can sometimes take a little longer to complete.

@questors Once you've been connected to the Vodafone network for 30 days, you can request your unlock code by submitting a NUC request form.

Noted @https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/449640

But as stated previously, I have the NUC; I also need the network PUK (master code?)

Martin

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@questors So we can pass this along to our NUC team, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

My phone is a Samsung A5. I have now been waiting 14 days for my NUC. Sigh!