Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement phone got blacklisted

elcs
3: Seeker
My replacement S5 phone from Vodafone got blacklisted just after 4 days! Got a replacement phone last 18 Nov and stopped working on the 24th. Up until now the blacklist hasn't been successfully lifted.
7 REPLIES 7

elcs
I mean it worked for just 6 days.

elcs
My replacement S5 phone from Vodafone got blacklisted just after 6 days! Got a replacement phone last 18 Nov and stopped working on the 24th. Up until now the blacklist hasn't been successfully lifted. Just rang 191 today and been told that no record of my case when I spoke to the agent yesterday.

Any TECH TEAM, please help as I'm getting very frustrated now. It's been 8 days now without a working phone.

elcs
Any reply from helpful member of the TECH TEAM?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The team will pick up your post in due course and should be able to get this resolved for you.  Phones can be incorrectly blacklisted for a number of reasons, including finger trouble (does the IMEI really not have a checksum?) or even (very rarely) a duplicated IMEI.   The first thing is to esablish where the blacklisting originated.  Just hang on.

elcs
It's unlikely a fat finger mistake because IMEI has a checksum (as you had pointed out already). As this was a replacement, this may have been a 14day returned phone and previous owner might have reported it lost and claimed from insurance (just my theory). Good news is, they will be sending a replacement today because they are unable to unblacklist for a week now. Been on 191 for the last 9 days, average duration of call 45mins (sometimes 2x a day). Thanks for your reply.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elcs 

Please let us know how you get on with the replacement handset.

DaveCD

elcs
replacement looking good, so far.