Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Master Unlock Code required

crsh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello Moderators

I'm trying to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S7. I have already requested and received a NUC. Reading other related posts (e.g. here), it seems that I also need a Samsung Master Unlock code in order to successfully unlock my S7.

Can a moderator please PM me to resolve?

Thanks

Craig

20 REPLIES 20

stuartcrees
1: Seeker

Having the exact same issue with my S9+.

Speaking to live chat is useless. They have no idea what the master unlock code is. Nor do the team you'll get referred to via email. I've sent probably 5 emails now advising I do not need the NUC code. I've told them I have a Samsung and I need a master unlock code and they don't seem to understand what this is.

I'm in Vietnam and tried a Vietnamese SIM in my S9+ and it didn't work, nor did the NUC.

I could be here long term now and I'm relying solely on wifi which is proving annoying.

Vodafone really are useless when it comes to resolving issues. I can't tell you how many times I have to speak to them about the simplest of problems.. staff training is not their strong point. Wish someone would do something. I've been here 13 days now and my phone is still locked. 

To try to expedite the process I contacted Samsung. They told me that a paper trail is required and therefore Vodafone need to request the code from them directly.

Over to you Vodafone...

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for our delay in replying @stuartcrees and @crsh. So we can contact Samsung and help get your phones unlocked, please get in touch through the link in private message I've sent.

Same thing happening me. So frustrating. Did you get your master code & how long did it take? I've been waiting a week now and still no code....

@GrainneMcBride It's disappointing to hear you're also having problems unlocking your phone. 
I've sent you a private message too, with details on how to get in touch with us. We'll then be able to help get this resolved for you 😊

Hello

I had few attempts with Vodafone Cutomer Service regarding unlocking my phone but with no joy.

I have message on my screen saying: Sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

I have obtained NUC number from Vodafone and PUK number from O2 but i believe i need Master Code first to unlock phone

Vodafone keep sending me to ring my new provider which is O2 when i contact O2 they saying please ring Vodafone.

Please can somebody assist me with my issue.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @artur2707 

Its definitely not the Puk as this has nothing to do with unlocking.

If Vodafone have confirmed that the Nuc you've been given is correct and your currently in the UK and using an activated alternative network sim card then Vodafone UK need to supply the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code to go with the Nuc.

There isn't any account access via this forum anymore however so you'll need to acquire this code from Customer services  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have contacted Custmer Service through Facebook this morning and the last message i have received was at 11:27. Advisor asked me if NUC i have received from Vodafone unlocked my phone. I replied that it did not. I have not heard nothing since then. I don't understand why it is so difficult to assist me with unlocking my phone?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I can see that one of the team's been in touch and raised this to our NUC department @artur2707, they'll be back in touch as soon as there's an update.