Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Card Registration Failed

stepher
Not applicable
Hi

I bought a nokia N97 Mini on contract today from one of your stores. I keep getting the Sim card registration failed message and was wondering is this due to me transfering my number from t mobile or a fault with my new sim? please help
20 REPLIES 20

Retired-Adam_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi RichStephenson,

Welcome to the eForum and to Vodafone! :) If you're porting in from T-Mobile you're absolutely right the chances are your number hasn't come across just yet and the SIM card isn't yet valid. Do you have a date when you're expecting your number to transfer over? If it's still a day or so away I wouldn't panic the porting process should go ahead on the agreed date and normally completes by 4pm on that day.

Let me know how you get on and feel free to drop me a post if you think the port has been delayed. We're more than happy to take a look at your number for you and check the registration details with your new SIM card.

Thanks,

Adam
eForum Team.

itsham
Not applicable
i just got my sim pay as you go put it says sim card registration failed wht can i do

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

i just got my sim pay as you go put it says sim card registration failed wht can i do

That means the SIM is not activated on the network and you simply need to make a quick chargeable call to access the network.

There should be a small amount of preloaded credit sufficient for you to activate the SIM.

As soon as your SIM is activated, you will be able to top up and receive calls and texts.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi money man

Welcome to the eForum! It's nice to have you with us :)

I can see that AnnS has helped you out here (Thanks :)) and is spot on, you need to make a chargeable activity to activate the PAYG SIM card :)

Once you're up an running why not register for a My Account? Once set up, you'll be able to do heap loads like top-up and add additional packs to your account, just to name a few :).

Sukhi
eForum Team

i have this problem with my phone although its not new and has been working until now, can anyone help?

Hi Gary_Brett,

I'm really sorry to read that you're having problems with your SIM card.

Tell me, have you tried the SIM in an alternative handset? If not, can you give this a go for me? If you get the same error message in an alternate handset then may well indicate there being a problem with the SIM card. If this is the case, then you can get a replacement from your local store.

Also, can you try another SIM in the handset? If you get the same error message then there might be a problem with the handset and your next option could well be a repair. Details of which can be found on reply #3 in our Frequently Asked Questions thread.

Do let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

LeeH

eForum Team

pavan160370
1: Seeker

Hi,

My mobile says "Sim Card Registration failed", recently I applied for Mobile Number Portability to migrate from Vodafone to Reliance, however, they(Vodafone) called to me and offered some some special tarrifs, I said OK and opted to withdraw Mobile Number Portability.

The next day they again called, and I have requested a small change in the speical tarrifs they offered to me. Regarding to that...they again said OK to it and advised me to wait for 48 hours for the process to be implemented, 4 days have passed, still not amended . I called them today(March 21, 2011) and complained to the service...

Customer Service Service representative to whom I spoke today (March 21, 2011) was very rude, he scolded me on phone, due to which the problem was not completly resolved at my end.

A point to be noted from our conversation is that... at one situation he said " you have not provided complete information to me due to which 5 minutes has gone wasted which resulted in increase of the customers queue". my driver was with me and after we finishing our conversation on call he pointed it out and said " Sir! if 5 min have gone wasted just beacuse he felt that you have not provided the complete information...does that mean Vodafone is troublesome not only for you!! it's for may--so the increase in customers queue in munutes? !! " I was unable to answer his question at that moment, my mouth went mum...

now what I feel is the person to whom I spoke today has taken taken revenge on me and cancelled my number.

I dont know what's happening with me, can anyone help me please...

Pavan

Hi Pavan

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

However, this forum is for Vodafone UK customers and as such we will be unable to help you with this. You'll need to contact your own Indian network who will be able to help you get this sorted.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

jay-94
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have had my sim card for 4 years and now it says sim registration faild and i can call or receve