Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart 4 Power Bluetooth Problem

Irishmidz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We are experiencing Bluetooth issue’s with the above devices,

When our engineers sync their phones to their cars through Bluetooth the contacts fail to sync.

I have tested this on two different Models of cars and both failed, I have manually tried to sync the address book but fails every time.

We use push email to these devices and mail, contacts and diary are synced to the phones.

The phones connect through Bluetooth to the cars ok just the phonebook will not sync,

Has anyone else had similar problems or got an idea how to fix this?

thanks

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Bluetooth in cars is a known can of worms!   The problem tends to be that the standards are constantly changing and car makers are often several steps behind.  Some people have reported success after getting a dealer to update the software in the car, though even then it may not be completely current.

Are the cars downloading the contacts or using remote access to use the ones on the phone?  In some cases, I rather think they may be looking at the SIM, or it may be that the phonebook format on the phone isn't something they can handle.  It might be worth copying a few contacts to a SIM and seeing if that makes any difference.  Also, are the cars all the same make, or different ones?