Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 USB "bug"

DJNW
2: Seeker

If anyone else has had trouble connecting their device via USB - you might want to check the USB settings in Settings/Storage - when I checked mine, neither MTP nor PTP was selected.

Tick MTP and you should be good to go.

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Thank you for taking the time to post your workaround.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

I wouldn't say this is a bug - this is pretty standard across Android devices.  You have to connect via MTP

PWIAC

Just to clarify - neither of the options was selected, so the phone did nothing when plugged in.

drey_p

Exactly - this does happen on other Android devices to.  You have to select MTP in order to access the device via your computer. If you don't - it doesn't work.  I wouldn't describe it as a bug though - it is a setting that needs enabling. 

PWIAC

Spent an hour trying to figure out why my Ultra 6 wouldn't connect to USB last night, then found this option.

I think the point DJNW was trying to make, is that normally on other android devices, this option is selected by default, you don't have to go in and specifically enable it. Certainly on my older Nexus One, Samsung S2/S3/S4 and now S5, I was able to just plug into USB and it would open as a portable USB drive I could just drag & drop to.

diabetesw

I can't find where MTP can be enables on my phone - no link in connections page or in storage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

AS usual just after I posted this I found where MTP was hidden and now connected to my PC.

orhor
1: Seeker

Hello,

please don't you know how to connect Smart Ultra6 to Windows based computer as Mass Storage USB device?

Thank you

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@orhor

Have you tried everything listed above?