Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v2 red light only

lin15
4: Newbie
Can you please help. For the past week or so my sure signal v2 box has not connected to my broadband. It is showing red light only. I have tried numerous hard and soft resets and also turned off and on again my broadband router several times. My serial number is 40113181339 and I am with John Lewis (plus net) using a technicolor router. Please help as I have almost zero mobile coverage without it. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello,

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

lin15
Thanks. I'll try these and also have a new broadband router which may help.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lin15 Has the new router managed to help resolve the issue? 

If you're still having trouble, please post back with your results from our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, as kindly mentioned by @BandOfBrothers.

lin15
I am connecting the new broadband router later today. Fingers crossed. I'll let you know and if not carry out other checks as mentioned. Thanks.

lin15
Success. New broadband router set up and Sure Signal working. Haven't seen those lights for sometime. Thanks to all for help.