Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tired of waiting for my NUC code

Dinnages
4: Newbie
From vague memory now my older iphone came off of contract July 2004, been using a PAYG since then on my secondary phone. Recently spent far too much per month where the credit gets lost end of the month so now want to add this phone to another sharer account, but its still locked to Vodafone depite being told last year it was unlocked. Shops couldnt help, so went to the online form that crashed every time I used it, saved screen shots. Went to Live chat twice, and after being told again and again to use the form sent screen shots... Last email from VF was 15/11/17 saying; Quote "If we already have your NUC on our systems, we’ll aim to get it to you within 2 working days. If we don’t, it can take up to 10 working days for us to get it from your phone’s manufacturer." Had an email saying would get code in 10 days, still nothing, cannot reply to that email, cannot discuss at a store, cannot get any satisfaction with Live Chat they cannot push that NUC code either, so I think this business of unlovcking phones you paid for is a scam to keep you tied to a service provider even out of contract. VF used to be fine but in the end the service behind the facade is poor to say the least & never going back. The unlock page denied me by keep coming up with the error of a blank page as; https://localhost:8000/forms-verify-email/n_u_cs Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8000. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web. Then I had this tonight too; Target Unreachable, 'MyCredentialsBean' returned null ADF_FACES-60097:For more information, please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with: ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #424
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dinnages

The iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. 

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

screen shot this morning with a different sim

BandOfBrothers

Some people were experiencing issues with the unlocking page not too long ago but that seemed to have resolved itself. Can you try another browser or clear the cache and cookies of your current browser. 

Another option is to ask customer services by phone or Live Chat to fill out the form on your behalf. 

Another known option is to pick up a Payg SIM card from Vodafone and use it in the iPhone for 30 days making calls etc and once that timeframe is up then use those Payg details to ask for it to be unlocked. 

Just please take into account the iPhone isn’t unlocked by a physical code for you to input into the iPhone and the other information I mentioned earlier. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dinnages Please let us know how you get on after following @BandOfBrothers' advice :Smiling: