main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unable to intiate web configuration

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I recently bought a Hightouch H1, Android 4.2, MTK6572 phone as my old one was dying. Upon turning the phone on for the very first time I was sent a message from Vodafone acknowledging I'd changed handsets and that a configuration message would follow shortly.

When trying to click install from the configuration message it keeps asking me for a PIN code and I'm unable to get passed this point.

I've tried my sim code - 0000

I've tried 1234

I've texted "web" to 40127. This results in my getting the same message as when I first turned on my phone, shortly followed by another configuration message. No PIN number is mentioned in either message.

Am I doing something wrong or did some Chinese gremlins find their way into my phone?

Thanks for any help

David

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for taking the time to try to help. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Is there anything more someone could do if I were to call via phone or in store? Or would it just be the same information?

Thanks again

David

View more options
10 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)

Hi David,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like this is a stock PIN from the phone. It's probably been put in place by the manufacturer to ensure settings aren't saved without the consent of the owner.

In your manual are there any details as to what the default PIN might be? Is it only letting you use four digits or is there room to enter up to eight for 00000000? Looking on Google I can't find any details as to what else it could be.

Cheers, Ben

View more options

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I did assume it may be a pin code for the phone so I contacted the retailer. They advised me to contact my service provider as the phone has no pin code of any kind.

There is no limit on the amount or type of character that can be used in the pin code.

View more options

Also, not sure if it's worth noting but I can access the internet via my wifi without any problems. On my previous phone I was using Opera Mini to access the internet.

View more options

Hi Davidshush

As this is a phone that we do not stock we're unable to provide support for it. The only other thing that I can suggest it that you input the setting manually.

Starting from your homescreen: 

• Go to the main menu/applications list.
  • Press Settings.
  • Select Wireless and network.
  • Press Mobile networks.

At this point you need to check the options Packet Data/Mobile data to make sure they’re turned on and ready to use when we have set things up. Once you’ve done that, tap on Access Point Names to get started setting up.  

Adding the settings to the handset

Now we need to create a new data connection. To do this, press the Menu key and select New APN. You are now presented with a range of fields in which you can fill in the details for your mobile network data connection. Complete the fields in the list with the data below: 

Name – Vodafone Internet

APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)

Proxy & Port – Please leave blank

Username – web

Password - web

Server - Please leave blank

MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms 

MMS PROXY - 212.183.137.012

MMS Port - 8799

MCC - 234

MNC - 15

Authentication type - None

APN type - Internet & MMS (If no selection available , leave blank )

Save the settings and check they’re ready to go. Press the Menu key and tap Save to store the new data connection on your handset. Press the field next to the new Vodafone Internet option you’ve created to activate the data connection you should see a green dot or tick appear next to it to show it’s enabled and ready to go. 

Thanks

Sukhi

View more options

Thanks for taking the time to try to help. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Is there anything more someone could do if I were to call via phone or in store? Or would it just be the same information?

Thanks again

David

View more options

Just a quick update to say I finally got it working.

For some reason data connection was turned off. And I used the Vodafone Prepay APN. I may have also changed something else, in my frustration it was difficult to remember.

I am still having the configuration PIN code problem but have marked this solved as getting internet access was the main objective.

Thanks for all your help.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Davidshush

Its good to see you have managed to get this working

If there is anything else you know where to come.

Thanks

Matt

View more options
1: Seeker

I have a Lenovo A800 [an excellent dual sim phone], but I can't get the data connection on Vodafone. I have an O2 sim in the other slot and it works perfectly. If I switch the O2 and the Vodafone sims, the O2 sim connects, so it's not the sim slot. I tried the settings as shown above, except that for APN type I checked default and mms [internet wasn't an option]. Given mine is a business account, should any of the above settings be different?

Thanks in advance

Harold

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Harold,

Apologies for the delay, we seem to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jenny 

View more options
1: Seeker

i got a  THL T6 Pro MT6592 Android 4.6

When trying to click install from the configuration message it keeps asking me for a PIN code and I'm unable to get passed this point? 

So i random Put the Pin Code 1111 and it worked...hope i dose for u guys

View more options