Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unidentified Subscriber

razbury12
2: Seeker

Hello,

As of around 4:30pm today, I have been unable to send text messages to anyone. I am getting a red X and the message 'Unidentified subscriber'.

I am able to use BBM fine, so surely it cannot be the signal.

9 REPLIES 9

alicstone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem and can't get through to Vodafone. At least I am not alone!

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Wife had this earlier today and it lasted all afternoon.

SA13 area, don't know if this was a nationwide problem or not and if it was just a BlackBerry/BIS problem.

NG17 area, I am unsure. Something's wrong... At least I'm not alone,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at another thread on here one of the Tech Team suggested that it might be an internal memory problem and to check how much internal memory is free. A restart/battery pull will sort it if that is the issue. Maybe deleting any conversations might help as well in case they have become overly long?

Hi have already performed a battery pull, no change. I will try deleting some messages.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Apologies, we seemed to have missed your posts.

Did you get this resolved? Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jenny 

mathewcoleman

I am getting the exact same message.  I'm overseas and I use my UK Vodafone for banking purposes only, so I dont use my connection often.  Whilst I can still send a text to this connection, I cannot send or use the device for outgoing, so I'm thinking I may not have "topped up" or "used" the device within the timefrme and the connection is semi inactive.  I need to try and contact VF customer services as they will be able to fix it I'm sure.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mathewcoleman,

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can check this further. :Smiling:

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page. 

Thanks,

Jenny

Did any of you find a solution to this issue?