Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock an old phone

DonnieJ
1: Seeker

I have had a simply shocking service from Vodafone. I have an old Apple 5 and 5s that ive requested NUC codes for by filling in the form. I got back a reply to say the IMEI code (i can only add one code) dont match what is on my account. Well of course they wont as i have a new phone!! 

I went to online chat who first said it would take 10 working days, i explained it had been 22 days, the one they were looking at was the re-submission. They then told me i had to re-submit the form. I said it was unacceptable so they said i would recieve a text with instructions. Guess what........not text and that was 4 weeks ago!!

All i want is 2 old handsets unlocking so i can given to my family!! Any suggestions or advice please would be most welcome!

Regards

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @DonnieJ

Has there been any break of time the iPhone has been used on the Vodafone UK Network or has it ever been replaced by Apple or an Insurance company?

Or was the iPhone originally supplied by an independent and not Vodafone directly?

Your options could be to persevere with Customer service to ask them to escalate this to the Nuc department or pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card and use the sim card in the iPhone for 30 days making calls etc and then use the new Payg details to fill out the form. 

Tip >

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database. The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network. Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older. When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.