Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Code

cwarb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Good morning. I have been trying to get my iphone 6s unlocked now for over six weeks. I have filled in numerous NUC forms as has an online chat person and a telephone customer support person, all to no avail. All I get back is that the IMEI number doesn't match the one on my account. There appears no way round this intractable problem. The IMEI number is correct and I have an invoice from Carphone Warehouse which verifies this and, that I have owned the phone since October 2015. Is there anybody at Vodafone who can sort out this unholy mess for me. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It could be that Cpw didn't update Vodafone properly with the imei number. You could try speaking with their Customer Services. 

Has the iPhone ever been replaced by Apple or an Insurance company ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am sure that is exactly the problem. Trying to get Carphone Warehouse to talk to Vodafone or anyone is another problem in itself. The phone is the same one as bought from CPW over two years ago.

BandOfBrothers

Ok. 

They do need to update Vodafone on its imei or they cant unlock it using your current info. 

The other option is to use a Vodafone payg sim card in it for 30 days msking calls etc and then use that new account info. 

Current Phone  >

I hear what you say. Now Vodafone are saying that the phone number, sim and IMEI number have been active previously but not for 30 days which is odd given that they have been in constant use together for over two years.

BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately it can sometimes be complicated when a contract is opened up with an independent.

Current Phone  >