Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking LG K10 (2017)

Scottysh
1: Seeker

Hi, I have my NUC from Vodafone which corresponds to the correct IMEI however the LG K10 isn't listed on the website so I am unable to enter the code. The 2945#* number is not listed for my phone.

4 REPLIES 4

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Scottysh, I'm sorry to hear you've having problems getting your phone unlocked. Have you tried the following steps?

1. Insert a SIM from a different network
2. Your LG K10 should ask for an unlock code
- for Network PIN type the NCK code
- for Service provider PIN input the SPCK code

Alternatively, insert an accepted SIM card and try the following:

1. Go to dial screen and press 2945#*71001# or 2945#*20001# as if making a call
2. When a hidden window appears enter the unlock code 

Please pop back to us and let us know if this helps, if not we'll be happy to assist you further.

Hi, TJ,

I followed instructions given to me elsewhere and in the online chat - I tried inserting a new non-Vodafone sim card, then switching on. The phone restarted but no pop up window appeared to key the NUC into.

I then tried entering into the dialler the numbers you listed: 2945#*71001# or 2945#*20001# as if making a call.

Nothing happened.

Are you able to access the correct codes from Vodafone

I have already done online chat but they just told me to put a non-Vodafone sim in and switch on and then a box for the NUC would appear, and when I raised the other code above they dismissed it and again said to do what I have done. I am afraid I find the online chat useless for resolving anything. Any ideas?

Hi TJ,

I have managed to unlock my LG K10 (2017) as follows -

with the Vodafone SIM in as normal bring up the dialler keypad and enter the following string: 2945#*250# and this will bring up an “unlock window” or menu with a few options, top of the list is “Network Lock” tap this and a new box comes up and in this you enter the NUC (Network Unlock Code) that Vodafone supply. Tap unlock and Bob’s your uncle!

The 2945#* appears to be generic for LG phones the model number is the last part: 250# (from LGM250N the full model number for the K10 2017).

I hope this will help some other users.

Regards.

Thank you very much for this.

Vodafone support is very poor. They sell this phone then don't have the unlock instructions. My phones model is a 240n but this 250 code worked. Would have been lost without this.

I have just had to register to this chat forum so I can reply to this as I thought it was important to thank you. Why I could not use my standard Vodafone name and password for this forum is beyond me. Yet another example of how poor Vodafone are.