Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Nightmare

domlou1961
1: Seeker

Hi can you please help me. I bought a new Iphone and told my grandaughter she could have mine. I did the online unlock form but didnt get an acknowledgement that this was being processed, so i resubmitted a day later. I then got an email from Vodafone saying that they had already unlocked my phone, and sent a code to my email address provided. I have spoken on live chat 4 times in the last 24 hours and have been told conflicting information. First call said they would re-send it. 2nd call said he would text code and third and fourth told me to email the dedicated team.  I still dont have my unlock code.

Can someone please help me with this, is my phone unlocked or not (its no longer in my possession as my grandaughter now has it)

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @domlou1961

The iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too)

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes. When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@domlou1961 Have you followed the advice provided by @BandOfBrothers:Smiling:
You can find more information and support on our NUC (Network Unlocking Code) FAQs.
If you still require further assistance, please follow the steps I've sent to you via private message to get in touch with our team.