Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Galaxy S 6

spikkos
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am looking for assistance in unlocking my Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S 6. I have recently purchased a SIM from another provider (Virgin). When trying to use it I get the initial warning that I have an invalid SIM card  - Network locked SIM card inserted. I gather this means my phone is locked to other networks. I have been through the NUC process but the code is not working and I am now on what appears to be an endless customer service loop between Vodafone and Virgin.

The phone prompts  "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". In here I have tried to enter the NUC code that Vodafone have provided me previously but it says that the unlock request is unsuccessful. I've also tried the Virgin SIM PIN and PUK (as instructed by Vodafone) which did not work. I tested the Virgin SIM in another (unlocked) Vodafone mobile and it works 100% fine. This confirms to me that the issue is my S6 needs unlocking.

All the Vodafone advisors I have spoken to keep telling me the same thing;

- they provide me with the same NUC code (that does not work)

- they tell me the fault is with Virgin Media (it isn't)

- instruct me to factory reset my phone (I did this reluctantly as suspected it would not work)

I'm posting here in the hope that someone who actually understands what the problem is will read it and provide some assistance. I need a code of some kind, just not the NUC, Virgin PIN or Virgin PUK!

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK so out of desperation I tried the online chat assistant again (I've tried it most nights to see if I get lucky).

In summary he managed to get it unlocked because he realized that the first code I had been sent "in error" wasn't actually wrong but was just required at a different step and was being incorrectly labelled as the NUC with the usual copy-paste response. In fact one was the NUC, the other was actually the network unlock PIN(?) that was required as a first step. All the issues were with the phone being locked in multiple ways and not with the SIM as I suspected.

I think I got lucky to be honest and this could probably have been a long drawn out process if I hadn't bumped in to the right support assistant who knew a bit more than to copy paste the NUC steps.

View solution in original position

41 REPLIES 41

Hi. I was on this forum 2 years ago and remember having the same trouble. The confusion lay in getting mixed up with the PUK code and the PAC (or similar) code!! Both sound same but are different! You get your first code from Samsung or original provider, and PUK code entered afterwards or something in that order from new provider. It took me weeks but it was my new provider that helped more.. 

I am now expreiencing the same problem. 

First they gave me a NUC code. This was wrong and now I tried the PUK code. Still comes up with the Network  unlock Request Unsuccesful 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

So we can help with unlocking your phone, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team directly.

Hi, Ive just read this thread, and I am having exactly the same problems. I've now requested my Third NUC. but fear this may not be the solution. When I enter my non vodafone Sim, it also comes up with the message; SIM Locked, enter PUK code (or something similar) and no codes seem to work. Please could you also send me a private message. With grateful thanks.

Karen

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kay - We can help to take a look into what’s happening! ☺️

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

i am having the same problem as all these for my samsung s6...been a week and a half now with no help from vodafone

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you @clarezaja. So we can look into this with you, please follow the instructions from the private message I've sent you.

From other threads/posts and information provided by various unlocking companies that can be easily found on the web, it is obvious that I need an MCK (defreeze) code as well as the NUC CODE already supplied by Vodafone.

Please can anyone help with the best way to get this?

I'm absolutely staggered that the information on the unlocking process  provided by Vodafone doesn't include this and appalled that this appears to be unknown to most of the Vodafone chat operators.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paulcarvell I'd like to apologise that unlocking your device hasn't gone as smoothly as we'd hope. 

We'll be able to get things sorted for you, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent and a member of the team will be in touch. 

Also having the same issue on s7. Could you please advise how to resolve