Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Galaxy S 6

spikkos
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am looking for assistance in unlocking my Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S 6. I have recently purchased a SIM from another provider (Virgin). When trying to use it I get the initial warning that I have an invalid SIM card  - Network locked SIM card inserted. I gather this means my phone is locked to other networks. I have been through the NUC process but the code is not working and I am now on what appears to be an endless customer service loop between Vodafone and Virgin.

The phone prompts  "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". In here I have tried to enter the NUC code that Vodafone have provided me previously but it says that the unlock request is unsuccessful. I've also tried the Virgin SIM PIN and PUK (as instructed by Vodafone) which did not work. I tested the Virgin SIM in another (unlocked) Vodafone mobile and it works 100% fine. This confirms to me that the issue is my S6 needs unlocking.

All the Vodafone advisors I have spoken to keep telling me the same thing;

- they provide me with the same NUC code (that does not work)

- they tell me the fault is with Virgin Media (it isn't)

- instruct me to factory reset my phone (I did this reluctantly as suspected it would not work)

I'm posting here in the hope that someone who actually understands what the problem is will read it and provide some assistance. I need a code of some kind, just not the NUC, Virgin PIN or Virgin PUK!

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK so out of desperation I tried the online chat assistant again (I've tried it most nights to see if I get lucky).

In summary he managed to get it unlocked because he realized that the first code I had been sent "in error" wasn't actually wrong but was just required at a different step and was being incorrectly labelled as the NUC with the usual copy-paste response. In fact one was the NUC, the other was actually the network unlock PIN(?) that was required as a first step. All the issues were with the phone being locked in multiple ways and not with the SIM as I suspected.

I think I got lucky to be honest and this could probably have been a long drawn out process if I hadn't bumped in to the right support assistant who knew a bit more than to copy paste the NUC steps.

View solution in original position

41 REPLIES 41

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Of course @Jaymin999, I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issues with getting your phone unlocked.

We'll be happy to escalate this to our NUC team for further investigation. Please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. 

i have the same problem....who is helping???

TJ

@clarezaja Sorry to hear that you're having problems with NUC. I've sent a private message to your inbox with details on how to get in touch, so we can look into this for you.

I have the same problem..can somene help ???

I spent 6 hours today going back and forth from new provder to Vodafone. New provider assure me the phone needs to be unlocked by Vodafone, Vodafone say the blame is not with them I believe it is a Vodafone issue.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@juliaflmng If the new providers SIM isn't working with your old Vodafone phone, then this will definitely be an unlocking issue that lies with us and we can fix! Please drop us your details over using one of the channels mentioned HERE and we'll look into this for you 😊

juliaflmng juliaflmng_1-1594809341931.png

Hi Josh, moderator

NB my phone is actually a Samsung Galaxy A3 not a S6 I got it from Vodafone..

I still cant use my phone, I had an email from Vodafone about 3 days ago saying they will contact the manufacturer asking if they have the correct unlocking code I heard nothing since..

I have the same problem..can somene help ???

I spent 6 hours today going back and forth from new provder to Vodafone. New provider assure me the phone needs to be unlocked by Vodafone, Vodafone say the blame is not with them I believe it is a Vodafone issue.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@juliaflmng 

I'd suggest to ask Vodafone Customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  for the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as this is sometimes required as well as the Nuc for some Samsung phones.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, if I get the MCK code and unfreeze code do i give it to new provider?

New provider said my Samsung A3 is locked by Vodafone..

I already provided new provider with NUC

AnnS

Hi @juliaflmng 

You give the PAC to the new provider not the unlock code, you use the MCK Master Code to bring up the unlock menu and enter the NUC provided to you by Vodafone to unlock the phone.  You will then be able to use the phone with your new provider.

OK so re unlocking my Samsung A3, I have called Vodafone today they say  I will hear back from them within 10 working days of the initial query which by email was apparently submitted by Vodafone to the manufacturer on 10 July.

ie I may have to wait until 24 July to hear back from Vodafone.

I have a phone I cant use, on either old contract with V/F (as its been terminated) or new provider..this is very poor service.

All I can do is wait now, when / if I get a Master Code would I enter that where it states ' SIM Network PIN Blocked..'

I have my new SIM inserted as advised by V/F today.