Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a mobile WiFi device

Yaza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I used the online form to check if I could unlock my Vodafone MyFi device and I put in the model, IMEI number etc. then received an email with a code but I have no idea how I access the device to add the code...I popped into a Vodafone shop and was told it’s not possible to unlock these devices.  Is there a definitive answer about this please? Has anyone else actually unlocked one of these devices?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Yaza

This is taken from the link here: How to use your Network Unlock Code.  I chose Huawei and the R207, it may not be your device but the information should be the same.

1. Insert your new network SIM card
  2. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
  3. Go to My computer and double-click on R207 (it may appear as a CD-ROM icon) to install the device
  4. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.x.x in the address bar to open the homepage for the device (the full gateway code can be found in the battery compartment of your device)
  5. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Okay

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers

Have you tried to insert an active alternative Networks SIM card and if so does any pop up .box show?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No but as it doesn’t have a display where would this be visible? Would it pop up on my phone when I tried to connect to the network with another SIM card?

BandOfBrothers

When it's inserted in to a laptop or computer does anything show up in the control panel ?

Going from previous posts people have unlocked these devices. 

If it wasn't possible Vodafone wouldn't supply the Nuc for it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have it plugged into my Mac just now but it's only charging...nothing is coming up as attached to the computer.

I've tried a non-Vodafone sim card in it but it doesnt connect to the Internet and the Network symbol stays red on the device.

AnnS

Hi @Yaza

This is taken from the link here: How to use your Network Unlock Code.  I chose Huawei and the R207, it may not be your device but the information should be the same.

1. Insert your new network SIM card
  2. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
  3. Go to My computer and double-click on R207 (it may appear as a CD-ROM icon) to install the device
  4. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.x.x in the address bar to open the homepage for the device (the full gateway code can be found in the battery compartment of your device)
  5. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Okay

Thanks I’ll give that a try!

Thank you so much..that seems to work as a message came up saying that it had successfully unlocked the device.  I can’t fully test it yet as the sim I used has no data left on it but at least I know how to do it again when I get a new sim.

Plz what the unlocking code for vodafone mifi R218H

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Quophiadom You'll need to request your own unique NUC for your specific Mi-Fi device via our online form HERE