main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unlocking a phone - 30 days rule , more info required please.

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a Huawei Mate 10 Pro which is locked to Vodafone.

I bought a Vodafone Payg sim with credit on it and have had it in the phone for approx 22 days using it as a daily driver.

what is the exact rule for the 30 days then get a unlock code from Vodafone? Does the phone have to be on for 30 consecutive days (720 exact hours) ? Ie the Phone was switched off for 2 days. So have I lost 2 days from the 30 days that I need to make up for ?

is there any other criteria I have a to meet? Ie make calls every other day?

thanks. 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wonderer the fact you switched the phone off won’t matter, it’s 30 days from first use of the sim in the phone. There are no rules as to how many calls etc you have to make. 

The advice from vodafone has always been make the odd call, send the odd text or use some data so the imei associated with the phone can be logged onto their network. 

After 30 days fill in the form and wait for the unlock information. 

View more options
2 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wonderer the fact you switched the phone off won’t matter, it’s 30 days from first use of the sim in the phone. There are no rules as to how many calls etc you have to make. 

The advice from vodafone has always been make the odd call, send the odd text or use some data so the imei associated with the phone can be logged onto their network. 

After 30 days fill in the form and wait for the unlock information. 

View more options
2: Seeker
View more options