main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

3: Seeker

best of luck with the unlock mate, you got about as much chance as winning the lottry getting vodafone to do an unlock.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi All,  I'm having the same issues with unlocking phone.  It seems that Vodafone are holding people to ransom over their stupid rules/regulations.  I myself have been in a contract with Vodafone for 2 years to be told that the IMEI number isn't recognised....absolute tarnish....it was a Vodafone employee in the Vodafone shop that did it for me!!  I went back in yesterday to be told to get a PAYG SIM for 30days!...You got to be having a laugh, I'm entitled to an unlocking code.  

View more options
2: Seeker

As this phone noty been used for a year would i have to get her to put a paygo sim in it for 30 days ?

View more options

Yes had trouble with them for years hence why no longer with them and even my son has too, he finished contract and they still billed him lol. we had to get onbudsman to sort it, and they had to pay compensation.... Bad news

View more options

You will receive an email either with the unlocking code and steps to use it or, in the case of Apple devices, an email to confirm that we've requested the unlock by Apple. 

I JUST SPOKE TO APPLE AND THEY SAID THIS IS RUBBISH, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO RECEIVE A REQUEST,  THEY ASKED ME FOR A SCREEN SHOT OF THIS, UMMMM

View more options

@mikebox @Chris_500 We'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can do this I've sent you both a private message with details to contact our team directly. We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.

@thriller24 You can request for a Network Unlock Code online if your request follows our requirements.

When we receive your request, we'll contact the manufacturer to process the code and keep you updated on the progress of your request by email.

@Dave_Stewart If you change your mind, please use the details provided in the private message from @John and we can assist you further.

View more options

Got the private message thank you but already filled in the form TWICE & still comes back the same, number is not recognised!!! So.... just waiting for my lottery win it'll be quicker than waiting for Vodafone to unlock my handset! 

View more options

@Dave_Stewart Please ensure you don't have any spaces before or after entering the code provided in @John's private message.

If you continue to receive this error message, please try an alternative browser or device.

Let us know how you get on.

View more options

Hello Denys Tatum here:I am trying to unlock my phone, the thing is i have quoted my sim card no and for some reason they won`t accept the sim card no that i am quoting.What do i have to do here.Please help me here.

View more options

Hi everyone is having the same problem with the unlocking of the mobile phones.  I've got an iphone 5 that requires unlocking,  you would think it would be a simple process......  Like previous people i've filled out the form 3 times & each time i get an email saying its the incorrect imei number.... I've called twice & explained the situation....... I've live chatted twice....... & yes I'm still no further in my quest to have my old phone un locked.  It is very disappointing & utter madness,  why is it so very difficult. 

Vodafone do not appear to understand the concept of customer needs & requirements.

I JUST NEED MY PHONE UNLOCKING.......

View more options

Hi, I submitted a request to have my phone unlocked one week ago, I did receive an utomatic response email straight away but after 7 days I still have not received confirmation of the locking code for my device. Can you please look into this and send confirmation email with network unlock code as soon as possible by return? Your earliets response would be appreciated.

View more options

Good evening,

I wonder if you can help me. I requested a pin to unlock my old Samsung Galaxy S5 Gold for my son to use on different network. I've got code and entered correct few times, but it's unsuccessful and saying wrong code. 

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Natalya

View more options

@dennyxt @Keogh @Fish3101 I've sent you all a private message with details to contact our team directly. We'll be in touch as soon as possible to help with the unlocking of your phones 

@Casd A network unlock code can take a maximum of 10 working days to process, please let us know if you need any further assistance after this time has passed and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

I have just moved from Vodafone after about 10 years . I have been trying to get my phone unlocked for anout a week befor my number ported overto the new provider . I did what i was told contactued them filled the online forms in recieved my NUC did exactly what they told me ond unlocking was unsucessful! so i  went through the process again to the same outcome . I spent about 4 hours on live chat gave them the details they gave me the codes same uncucessful . I was even told to contact Samsung as they would help . Samsung said its Vodafones responsibility as the phone was provided to me on contract . Back to live chat same problem ,called and spoke to someone they said i have to fill the online NUC request  form out  so i did  it again. My number ported yesterday and vodaphone are now saying they cant unlock my phone because they dont have the number on their system so they  dont  know if the phone belongs to me even though i gave the imei code  ..  I cannot get any sence out of anyone only you need to fil the online form out ....... but now they have said they cant do it .. I just dont know where to go . I have sent a letter of complaint i have been to 2 shops where they say we cant unlock it you have to fill the online NUC request form out  BUT YOU CANT TALK TO ANYONE WHO WORKS IN THAT DEPARTMENT !!!!!  They have had at least 10years of money out of me and they cant unlock my phone when leaving .. and now because my number has ported they dont know if its my phone .  HELP!!!!!

View more options

Hi, I have twice now submitted an application to unlock my iphone 6. Both times the webpage allowed me to submit the IMEI code and said that I should get a response in 24 hours. I have never had a response back or received an email. I have spoken to your customer service team several times and nobody has been able to help me. I am now three weeks into the process and find it totally crazy that I am now being told that the best way to resolve this is by writing to you on this forum. I have been told I have the right as a valued customer to have my phone unlocked  (as I have plans to give it to a family member as a birthday gift this weekend) yet despite my best efforts this has taken multiple lengthy calls and attempts. Can you please  finally resolve this by emailing me with instructions. I will also need clear expectations set out as I hear that the whole process can take many weeks to sort, is thsi true?

View more options

Hi, I have twice now submitted an application to unlock my iphone 6. Both times the webpage allowed me to submit the IMEI code and said that I should get a response in 24 hours. I have never had a response back or received an email. I have spoken to your customer service team several times and nobody has been able to help me. I am now three weeks into the process and find it totally crazy that I am now being told that the best way to resolve this is by writing to you on this forum. I have been told I have the right as a valued customer to have my phone unlocked  (as I have plans to give it to a family member as a birthday gift this weekend) yet despite my best efforts this has taken multiple lengthy calls and attempts. Can you please  finally resolve this by emailing me with instructions. I will also need clear expectations set out as I hear that the whole process can take many weeks to sort, is this true?

View more options

Hello, so i already unlock my phone but because i have a diferent network he is asking me the number again but unfortunately I can't find the e-mail with the code. What do i do?

View more options

hi ive requested an unlock code about a week ago but have still not recieved an email. ive checked the junk mail.

View more options

HELLO IM TRYING TO UNLOCK AN OLD PHONE FROM MY PREVIOUS VODAFONE ACCOUNT WHICH IS NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE i HAVE ANEW VODAFONE NO AND  ACCOUNT NOW.THE {This post has been edited to remove off personal information please see Community Guidelines}

View more options
  • Find other posts tagged with:

@marcbu @fingersmccall1 @wspittle @stevie280669 @Damipaixao -I'm sorry to hear the issues you're all facing with getting your phones unlocked. 

So that we can take a look at your accounts, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options