main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS & Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

3: Seeker

Filled the forms in spoke to someone 2 hours after they said they would ring me went through hoops to get the message across because I got 1 security question incorrect out of the 5 or so they asked . And the result  Ok we will pass the message on and someone will call you on Saturday . I said I have to work " ok if you miss the call you will have to ring us back  on the 0333 number. " oh and spend some more money . .. Vodafone sort your customer service out. !!!!!!!!

View more options

Hi, I'm in the same boat.  

I've filled in the online form 6 times now with replies of IMEI wrong or haven't paid the bill in the last 3 months.  Both absolute bull-##~##.  You can't talk to anyone about it and when someone from here asks to private message and they can fix it they can't talk to me because I'm not the account holder - more bull-##~##.

I don't know what to do, Vodafone are useless!

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have contacted vodaphone twice now and have been told the incorrect email address for NUC resolutions, I even asked the person to spell it letter for letter so there were no mistakes.

The email fails and I receive an email back stating address not found and delivery failure! I am getting extremely annoyed now. Can you please tell me the correct email address please??

My company let me move my personal Vodafone number to their Vodafone business account, and at the same time I got a new iPhone. Now I want to give my old iPhone to my son to use on a different network but when I put MY phone number on the NUC form you say you can't help because it belongs to a business account. What can you/I do?

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Boast probably the easiest thing would be to get a Vodafone payg sim, top it up with ten pounds, use for 30 days on the vodafone UK network, make the odd call send the odd test, use a bit of data. This will register the imei number against that number, you can then apply using the form with the new payg number.

View more options

Need info unlocking brand new vodafone S8:

I renewed with vodafone on a contract, taking a galaxy S8. It is essential this phone is unlocked ASAP as I have multiple provider contracts. I read here that vodafone was 3 monthly bills (3 months) however the upgrade team assured me it could be done in 30 days.

I suspect she may have been making sales talk to get the sale. If it's not the contract would need to be cancelled as this s8 needs to go onto my other network.

Can you give me some info on this - is this going to be done in 30 days, or ideally before this.

Andrew

View more options

Thanks for your reply but all the networks are obliged to unlock phones free of charge and without delay. 

I don't want to wait, nor should I have to wait, 30 days plus spend £10 while I already am paying another provider for an account I can not use.

Any fairer suggestions?

View more options

@marcbu I'm unable to find an email to our team from the address that's registered to your Community account. The link to do this was in the PM sent by @Gemma Did you use an alternative email address? 
@Rob_IdontlikeVF Sorry to hear you're still having problems unlocking your phone. We'll need to speak with the account holder regarding this. They can contact us via the link we sent you previously in a private message. 
@cmitchell027 We'll be happy to look into this for you. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch 😊

@Boast The advice given by @63johnw will be the best action to take. As the phone will technically belong to the business account, entering your own SIM for 30 days will register the new IMEI to you and your number. This will then allow you to unlock it. 
@andrewukr6 The information given regarding needing to use your phone for 30 days is completely right 😊 Once the 30 days is up, you can request for your phone to be unlocked. You can find more information on this here.

View more options

I replied on  the link I was sent. I have since had 2 conversations with VF stating they are working on getting another unlock code . I am supposed to be getting another call today with progress but on the last record the call was a day late . 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm having a major issue with my nuc code. I have emailed your team as the code provided doesn't work. Currently I'm in Asia and need to use my phone. After emailing you I was told to contact customer services but they tell me to contacthe you. I desperately need this resolved. Please get back to me ASAP. 

Thanks

View more options

@marcbu Please keep us updated on your situation.

@Warren10000uk What phone are you trying to unlock? Will you be returning to the UK?

Please see here for more information on unlocking your phone.

View more options

I have requested the Unlock code for my phone which I got through Vodafone in July 15. The first email response said that the IEMI was incorrect. It is not incorrect (checked again with *#06#) but I suspect that Vodafone has the wrong IEMI on record as when the phone was originally ordered there was a stock mix up and instead of it coming to the store it eventually was delivered to my home. I am not sure if that has caused the wrong IEMI to be recorded on my account. I have already tried to fill the form again with a different email address as I thought that I had a different one on account and not sure if that would make a difference but the response was that "our records show that we have already unlocked it".

How should I proceed as I do not want to try a third time and have it fail?

View more options
  • Find other posts tagged with:

VF sent me another code which again doesn't unlock my phone . what happens now??? You should really be able to take it to a VF store so they can unlock it . this is nearly 2 weeks of my time when its VF at fault . who pays for all of my time 

View more options

So Vodafone what's happening now about my phone being unlocked . you gave me the new code from samsung and that still doesnt work . i was told to only use it once so i did.

NO ONE HAS GOT BACK TO ME  DO I NEED TO ESCALATE THIS COMPLAINT  TO LEGAL SERVICES...  I HAVE   PAID FOR A PHONE WHICH YOU ARE NOT LETTING ME USE FOR ANOTHER  PROVIDER  AFTER 10 YEARS OF BEING A CUSTOMER  THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT ME TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE .

View more options

@crsim I'm sorry to hear you've had problems receiving your NUC (network unlock code). Our team will be happy to get this sorted for you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@marcbu So I can check our team have received your email, please let us know your reference number, which appears in the subject line of the automated reply. It should look something like this [#12345678]. 
Once we've got this, we can escalate it for you.

View more options

I responded to the email I was sent with the code  from the engineer . Do i HAVE to go through with a new request to the nuc each time ?

View more options

Shakti Singh
The Vodafone Unlocking Team. was my contact ..

View more options

@marcbu If you require further assistance with your network unlock code, please don't hesitate to contact us through the private message I've sent to you.

We'll then be able to chase this up for you 

View more options

Hi - I have requested an unlock code last week but I have heard nothing - please can you tell me how I can unlock my phone asap. Thanks

VodafoneUK wrote:

A network unlock code allows you to unlock your handset so that you can use a non-Vodafone SIM card.

Do I receive an unlocking code?

You will receive an email either with the unlocking code and steps to use it or, in the case of Apple devices, an email to confirm that we've requested the unlock by Apple. 

What to do if you’re experiencing problems after submitting the form.

Firstly check you’re entering it correctly. Network Unlocking Codes are case sensitive, so you’ll need to enter it exactly as it is on the email and check you’re following the instructions correctly.

You get a limited number of attempts to type in your code so, if you’re entering it correctly and It’s not working, we can help! Leave us a post on this thread and one of our team will be able to assist! Include as much information as possible to speed up the process, such as any error messages received and make/model of phone. 

If you’re waiting for an Unlocking Code, or haven’t received the auto response, check the information on Why am I having problems getting a network unlock code (NUC)?

Does the phone need to have been used on Vodafone UK?

Yes, even if you've bought your phone second-hand. For Pay as you go, you'll need to have been using your PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days. For Pay monthly you'll need to have paid three bills on time.

Unless you're using an Apple product, your phone must be in the UK for the unlock to work.  

What if I have my phone exchanged?

If the handset has been exchanged by Vodafone UK then we can still request that your phone is unlocked. If the handset is exchanged via Apple or another third party (e.g. insurance claim) you’ll need to contact the company that provided your replacement for either an unlocking code, or you can ask the third party to notify us of the new IMEI details. We’re only able to request handset unlocks for phones that have been sold by Vodafone UK or if we've received the new IMEI details from the third party.

View more options

Natasha wrote:

@dennyxt @Keogh @Fish3101 I've sent you all a private message with details to contact our team directly. We'll be in touch as soon as possible to help with the unlocking of your phones 

@Casd A network unlock code can take a maximum of 10 working days to process, please let us know if you need any further assistance after this time has passed and we'll be happy to help.

Hi, I requested my network unlock code over 3 weeks ago and still have not received it yet. Can someone please help me get it soon?

View more options